Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairfax County returning to E-One
I heard a rumor that Fairfax County has 4 engines on order with E\-One.  Was not told a delivery date.

Terry
Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
They do have an order with them. Not sure what the issue is with Pierce. We won't buy another E\-One since our dealer is horrible. We bought 4 engines and a tiller in 2016. We have had a bunch of little issues but the dealer is solid. I will say the tiller is a well built unit and we had less issues with it than the engines during final. Seagrave just got a dealer in the area and they have a great shop so it will be interesting to see how our next purchase works out. The Pierce dealer hasn't had any competition in years around here.
(05-04-2019, 10:49 PM)chief60 Wrote: They do have an order with them. Not sure what the issue is with Pierce. We won't buy another E-One since our dealer is horrible. We bought 4 engines and a tiller in 2016. We have had a bunch of little issues but the dealer is solid. I will say the tiller is a well built unit and we had less issues with it than the engines during final. Seagrave just got a dealer in the area and they have a great shop so it will be interesting to see how our next purchase works out. The Pierce dealer hasn't had any competition in years around here.

If you don't mind me asking where do you run?

Terry
Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
(05-05-2019, 08:26 PM)dawson_fire Wrote:
(05-04-2019, 10:49 PM)chief60 Wrote: They do have an order with them. Not sure what the issue is with Pierce. We won't buy another E-One since our dealer is horrible. We bought 4 engines and a tiller in 2016. We have had a bunch of little issues but the dealer is solid. I will say the tiller is a well built unit and we had less issues with it than the engines during final. Seagrave just got a dealer in the area and they have a great shop so it will be interesting to see how our next purchase works out. The Pierce dealer hasn't had any competition in years around here.

Terry
Suburb of Savannah, Ga. Pooler, GA, originally from Montgomery Co., MD.
(05-06-2019, 07:38 PM)chief60 Wrote:

Terry
Thanks for the reply! I stopped in Pooler several years ago when the rigs you speak of were just ordered. Your tower was sitting next to the firehouse with a front wheel missing I think. Seemed like a quiet little town but I could see the growth of the area.

Terry
Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
(05-06-2019, 10:03 PM)dawson_fire Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 07:38 PM)chief60 Wrote:

Terry
Thanks for the reply! I stopped in Pooler several years ago when the rigs you speak of were just ordered. Your tower was sitting next to the firehouse with a front wheel missing I think. Seemed like a quiet little town but I could see the growth of the area.

Terry
It was quiet with about 6000 people in 2000. We are now about 26,000 full time and 40-45000 during the day. We have seen a of commercial and warehouse development. We have over 8 million square feet of warehouses now and about 3-4 million more in process. We just got a Plastics Express facility that will be 2.3 million square feet and export plastic resin, 170+ million dollar project. The port of Savannah has caused the entire area to explode with industrial growth.
(05-04-2019, 10:15 PM)dawson_fire Wrote: I heard a rumor that Fairfax County has 4 engines on order with E-One.  Was not told a delivery date.

Terry

They definitely have 4 on order.  A friend that works for the department told me that this order of 4 is essentially an evaluation of E\-One.  So (as far as he knows) at this point they are still technically using Pierce, however that could change after they run the E-Ones for a while and have a chance to evaluate them.  It wasn't clear what caused Fairfax Co. to start looking outside of Pierce.  Lots of Pierce departments in VA recently ordering E\-One again.  Many of them were E\-One customers prior to Pierce.  VA Beach, Fairfax, Charlottesville, Norfolk.  Big fleet accounts too.
I have noticed the change back to E\-One. I was wondering if there were issues similar to ours or it is a dealer issue. From the outside, their dealer looks like it is large and could handle issues. We wouldn't even consider E\-One in 2016 due to dealer issues with our then current E\-One units.
(05-13-2019, 06:59 PM)chief60 Wrote: I have noticed the change back to E-one. I was wondering if there were issues similar to ours or it is a dealer issue. From the outside, their dealer looks like it is large and could handle issues. We wouldn't even consider E-one in 2016 due to dealer issues with our then current E-one units.
I heard it was service issues. Fairfax being the big department wants it now and doesn't want to wait being part of it. All info is hearsay so there is probably some truth to all of it but who know... Dunn Loring also has an E\-One order.

Terry
Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
I can't speak for FCFR's new purchases but I work for the department that services their fleet and it's not really surprising they are testing new E\-One's. The quality of the new Pierce's definitely doesn't seem to be as reliable as the older ones. It makes sense to test the waters a bit.

Also I haven't had the opportunity to work with our new vendor for E\-One yet but it's a good bet they will be more helpful than our old vendor, Blue Ridge Rescue Suppliers was way out off I-81, whereas Matheny Motors (our new E-1 vendor) is just a half hour down the road in Woodbridge. We've had issues getting parts/invoicing in a timely fashion from Blue Ridge, but nothing like the issues we've had with Atlantic Emergency. They're hard to contact and even harder getting invoices in a timely fashion.