Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Army trucks question
Hi. The United States Army received a bunch of Duplex / Thibault aerial trucks in the 80s - one batch delivered in 1982 and 83, plus another in 1985 and 86.
I had always thought that these trucks were built completely by Thibault. However, I've recently heard that FTI may have been involved somehow. I know FTI built a lot of trucks for the US military, but this is the first I have heard of this. Thibault went on to deliver several ladders to the US Air Force - these trucks had 3D bodies and this was noted in the various delivery listings that I found. No mention of FTI anywhere.

FTI could have built the bodies, acted as a dealer or this information may be totally incorrect. Can anyone provide any insight?

Thanks!
I am unable to give you a definitive answer, but I have photographed a few of these rigs and I have never seen anything on them indicating any involvement by F.T.I.
I photograph a couple and found no FTI connection.
Thanks, guys! One department refers to FTI on their website, but it wouldn't be the first time firefighters had incorrect info on their own trucks.
Disregard.
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com