Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question For the Board
My significant other and myself are looking at moving away from Las Vegas, NV to Hazelton, PA. My question is this are there any member out there that have either lived in the area or visited the area and tell me how the departments in the area are about buffs and visits to the stations.
Dave
Never been there specifically but Harrisburg has always been friendly when I was there. Pennsylvania in general is pretty good with buffing. Almost all volunteer, you may be able to volunteer and help out. You don't have to go inside, they normally take anything they can get, always looking for a helping hand.
The entire state is buffy, and you will have an endless amount of departments (think hundreds) to visit that most likely would be receptive. You're also somewhat close to New Jersey and New York giving you hundreds of more departments.

The closest city to you would be Allentown, the home of Mack Trucks and the city where Mack Fire Apparatus was built. Also home to the "Spring Thaw", a large yearly firematic flea market, the largest one in the country each April. Harrisburg also has a huge fire show each May, which probably has the largest display of new apparatus next to FDIC.  You'll also find numerous musters, parades, and classic truck shows and meets every year in the area. And if you need paper, Dunder-Mifflin is only about a 45 minute drive north.

Some traditional major buff-interest departments within an 1-2 hour drive include FDNY, Philadelphia, and Baltimore.

The only problem if you move is where would I get my LVFD photos from?
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Thanks guys, I will know in a week or two if we are going to be able to move there. The wife is going to check it out next week.
Dave