Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apparatus Positioning
This could either go here or rant & rave section but i figured here would be better for now. 

When you go to a department and ask to have apparatus pulled outside to a specific area for the best quality photos. for one reason or another they refuse and just pull it out of the apron a little bit straight out or the A** still in the station.  

What do you do? do you try and come back on a different shift working? forget about the department and just move on?  

What is the best way to get good photos of the said apparatus? 

I have run into this a few times and I have gone a few different routes with the photos. usually I still take a photo then when I get home if it is as awful as I think it is I delete it.
I would tell you to tread lightly. You asking for a favor. If they don't want to do it then don't force the issue or complain. If one shift doesn't want to do it, then try another shift. The best bet (best results for me anyway) is to find a chief officer and ask him/her. Then they can give the stations a heads up before I get there and they usually do what I ask because they talked to the boss first.
Jason Knecht
Fire Inspector
Township Fire Dept., Inc.
Eau Claire, WI