Poll: Should the databases from the old board be recreated here?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
70.00%
7 70.00%
No
0%
0 0%
There were databases on the old forum?
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions?
I'm looking for ideas and input.  Anything that you would like to see on the site?

I am currently trying to figure out a way to bring the Apparatus, Station Location and Department Roster databases over to the new format-Invision has made it difficult, but I found the data in the sql database and am working on extracting it.  Before I get too far into it, I'd like some feedback on whether or not it would be considered useful.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
I'm LOVING the new software! And great job on the migration.

The only suggestion I would have is maybe up the size limit on the photos if your current hosting package will support it. I upload my photos as 975x700ish, high resolution. I have to hotlink the photo from my Flickr account in order to post it here.
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
(04-16-2018, 11:26 AM)TacSupport1 Wrote: I'm LOVING the new software! And great job on the migration.

The only suggestion I would have is maybe up the size limit on the photos if your current hosting package will support it. I upload my photos as 975x700ish, high resolution. I have to hotlink the photo from my Flickr account in order to post it here.

What are you being limited at?  I disabled the size limits when I migrated the site.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
I miss the "like" button.  I realize the "rep" button is there, but it doesn't accomplish the same thing.  With the "like" button, the poster was able to tell which photos were liked and how many viewers liked them.  

Everything else seems to be working well and I'm happy to see an increase in the activity level.  Thanks again, Ed, for all your work to keep Firepics up and running!
I also miss the "like" button too.

I LOVE the new software and like others have said, thank you for all your hard work in doing this and keeping it up!!
Jason Knecht
Fire Inspector
Township Fire Dept., Inc.
Eau Claire, WI
Like button added.  There are tons of plugins for this software, so if you have an idea, there's a good likelihood that there is a plugin for it.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!
Jason Knecht
Fire Inspector
Eau Claire, WI
(04-16-2018, 11:26 AM)TacSupport1 Wrote: I'm LOVING the new software! And great job on the migration.

I've looked at this one, and the best I can come up with is using thumbnails in the post, set to render at a max of 1024X768, but if the file is larger, the viewer can click on the thumbnail to see the full size image.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
(04-20-2018, 05:41 PM)edburke Wrote: I've looked at this one, and the best I can come up with is using thumbnails in the post, set to render at a max of 1024X768, but if the file is larger, the viewer can click on the thumbnail to see the full size image.

I was just able to successfully upload one of my latest photos. Looks great. Thanks!
Seth Granville
I think I found a solution for the databases.  The apparatus database is open for submissions.  The station location database is a little more complex, and I have to figure out how I'm going to work it.  I have put the Boston Station locations up for feedback, please check it out and let me know what you think.

http://firepics.net/MyBB/showthread.php?tid=2166

I am also looking at individual full size pages, but will have to figure out how to integrate them

http://firepics.net/MyBB/misc.php?page=BostonStations

The Department roster database is still on the back burner.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
I have another question for you Ed...

When I open a thread...is there a "first unread" button I can go to that would take me right to the first entry that I haven't seen? I dont see this button anywhere, maybe I'm missing it too.  On other forums those are really nice to have so you don't have to remember where you were last.

Just wondering...no big deal.

Dickey
Jason Knecht
Fire Inspector
Eau Claire, WI
If you click on "View New Posts" in the top menu bar, the results screen will have a green arrow that will take you to the first unread post of that thread.

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Ah....the magical green arrow. Did not know that...

Class dismissed!   LOL

Thanks bud!
Jason Knecht
Fire Inspector
Eau Claire, WI
Just got this:

Quote:Please correct the following errors before continuing:
  • The file you attached is too large. The maximum size for that type of file is 500 kilobytes.
Seth Granville
Apparently there was a setting that applies even if you set no limit in the posting configuration.  I increased it to 2MB, anything more than that and I should open a cloud based storage service  Feedtroll
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Is there anyway to get rid of the New news on the top of the forum?  Just like an "X" it out after you have seen it? 

Love the new site by the way.
Those are announcements, they are meant to display that way.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Correct, but is there a way to clear them after we have read them? Just a thought.
No
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net