Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#FirepicsOnline
I'm working on integrations for the site.  One thing that has occurred since Firepics went live in September of 2004 is the explosive presence that social media has established.  Many members have left to simply share their photos exclusively via social media and Firepics has obviously suffered because of that.  

I am working on a simple way for people to share with Firepics via social media.  The first of those enhancements to the site was the addition of a Facebook Logon/Registration.  New members can register on the site with one click that imports their Facebook information and registers them as a user on the site.  I have also set up pages on Facebook and Twitter that automatically share any new posts in the Photos Section with a link back to that post.

The Facebook page is:  https://www.facebook.com/FirepicsOnline/ 

The Twitter page is:  https://twitter.com/FirepicsOnline

In keeping with the above theme, I have set up a new area in the Photos section called "Hashtagged Posts."  I am working on scripts that will pull from the "big 3" (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) whenever someone uses the hashtag #FirepicsOnline which will hopefully get people sharing by making it easier for them to just post in one place and have their work shared here.  Of course, the difficult part here is getting the hashtag out there, which is why I'm making this post.  I need people to start using the hashtag to get visibility.

Please, if you post a fire related photo on social media, please use the hashtag

#FirepicsOnline
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
For facebook instead of a page. I would create a group. The page only admins can post other then in the posts by others which many people might miss. In the group any member can post. You can set it for a group to where admins have to approve posts before they are visable if your worried aabout spam or innappropriate posts.
There already is a group.  The auto poster cannot post to it, but can post to a page.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net