Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Migration to new board issues
Please share any issues you may encounter with the new board software here.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
When I was experiencing issues trying to migrate the forum to bbpress, I thought the issue might be the database size. I pruned all topics over 1 year old without newer replies to make it smaller. Obviously, the issue was bbpress, not the database.

When I migrated the board to this software, the database came over without too many issues, but it also brought those pruned threads with it. I cannot figure out how to restore them, but if you click on any user's profile (or your own control panel), you will see an option to "find all posts" and "find all threads" where it will show all of the current and pruned content for that user.

I'm wondering if any interest in creating a topic for "Archived Threads by user" where you could post a topic with your username and copy/paste links to the archived threads in the post exists?

There are about 1000 threads and 140,000 posts in that archive and I cannot find a way to restore them to the board, so this was my idea on how to address it.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
I returned to posting today. My first post in the E\-One thread worked just fine. Next try, in the This & That thread, also went fine, but the third one (in that same thread) will only post as part of the previous post, no matter what I have tried, and I tried several times. Am I doing something wrong or is this software set up to make consecutive posts all part of the same post?
It was setup to merge posts in the same thread by the same poster within 60 minutes. It has been disabled.
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
(03-21-2018, 11:58 AM)edburke Wrote: It was setup to merge posts in the same thread by the same poster within 60 minutes.  It has been disabled.

Thank you for the explanation, I first thought it was my error, but kept trying and not getting anywhere!  D'0h!
I figured out how to restore the threads that were deleted prior tothe move, so we now have all 210,000+ posts available.  Enjoy!
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
(04-03-2018, 09:15 PM)edburke Wrote: I figured out how to restore the threads that were deleted prior tothe move, so we now have all 210,000+ posts available.  Enjoy!

Awesome! Board is great Ed. I appreciate all the work you have put in to it to keep it running.
Ed, is there a way to donate without using paypal? I don't have an account and do not want one.
Kevin
Visit my website Buffalo, NY Fire Photos
Visit my Zazzle store 

I actually love this software. It will take some getting used to as expected, but I truly feel it's an improvement over then the previous IPB software.
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
(04-05-2018, 02:29 PM)TacSupport1 Wrote: I actually love this software. It will take some getting used to as expected, but I truly feel it's an improvement over then the previous IPB software.

Coming from a user of IPB, that is quite the compliment.   Yourock
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Nice to see the place up and running. Couple months back I got warning messages when I tried to come here, and was not even provided the option of ignoring them. I was afraid the site got hacked and Ed had, finally had enough. 

I was quite happy today when I found an email that was lovingly placed into my spam folder by the computer. I have only had a short time looking around, but looks good. 

Ed, thanks for all you do running this place. It seems like a lot of work with little thanks for it.
Aaron Woods