• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
Pic # 2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pic # 3

Pic # 4.

[quote name='Mack505' post='16938' date='Jul 30 2006, 06:10 ']Nope. I do believe we operate the only non-red rigs in the county, though.[/quote]

Oops, I always forget about you guys! Have the graphics been finished on the ladder yet? Also what became of the old ALF, has that become a relic somewhere? I got a few pics of it at Lynnfield in 2005 before it's departure.
[url="http://www.emergencyrigs.net/viewphoto.asp?PhotoID=2750&Size=med_"]http://www.emergencyrigs.net/viewphoto.asp...0&Size=med_[/url]

Ex Hewlett Bay Truck 3 and Ex Sierra Madre Truck 41
[quote name='Tillerman1664' post='16996' date='Jul 30 2006, 10:21 ']As a past member of the team, yes I do know what they did. The three main responsibilities were:

1. High Angle Tactical Rescue

2. Confined Space

3. Swiftwater Rescue

Basically, anything that had to do with rope! Our other speciality was we were the first team, along with a couple of members from Anne Arundle County, to be the Washington DC H.E.A.T. team. We trained with the Maryland State Police and the U.S. Park Police for insertions by helicopter into remote wilderness areas, as well as being placed on roof tops of highrises for supression operations.

One of of our members has had past equipment donated to Peru. I heard a rumor that the SETT truck may go to New Zealand...or something, I'm not quite sure.[/quote]

Interesting team, Im wondering why they called it Evacutaion? Also Im guessing the HEAT team has something to with law enforcement?
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
The same reason the term medevac has "evac" in it.

e·vac·u·a·tion (-vky-shn)

n.

1. The act of evacuating or the condition of being evacuated

And it has something to do with law enforcement in that police agencies operate the medevac helicopters in Maryland.

p.s., some like to call it the Hardly Ever Activated Team...
[quote name='ResQguy' post='17516' date='Jul 31 2006, 09:37 ']The same reason the term medevac has "evac" in it.

n.

1. The act of evacuating or the condition of being evacuated

And it has something to do with law enforcement in that police agencies operate the medevac helicopters in Maryland.

p.s., some like to call it the Hardly Ever Activated Team...[/quote]

Actually I was wondering why they called it the Special Evacuations Tactics Team, sounds kind of awkward
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[quote name='massfirebuff' post='17162' date='Jul 30 2006, 18:27 ']Oops, I always forget about you guys! Have the graphics been finished on the ladder yet? Also what became of the old ALF, has that become a relic somewhere? I got a few pics of it at Lynnfield in 2005 before it's departure.[/quote]

The ALF was traded on the new Seagrave. It should still be on their lot in Watertown, NY, as the check hasn't cleared yet. Unfortunately it will most likely become a relic.

Graphics on the ladder were mostly completed, but were hacked by the local guy hired to do the job. They've been removed and should be done right this week or next. Hopefully it'll be in service soon; at least we do now own it and have plates on it. It's been a long, long road.
[quote name='ResQguy' post='17516' date='Jul 31 2006, 12:37 ']The same reason the term medevac has "evac" in it.

n.

1. The act of evacuating or the condition of being evacuated[/quote]

That's just about it, because we would evac people or rescue them from high places, confined Spaces, and

swiftwater.
A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

[quote name='Tillerman1664' post='17559' date='Jul 31 2006, 12:20 ']That's just about it, because we would evac people or rescue them from high places, confined Spaces, and

swiftwater.[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up
Just got these pics from a friend of mine. 1968 Maxim from Dover, NH. In the process of being parted out as we speak.

Photo credits to Bruce Lemire

Attached Files Image(s)

Same truck. I swear I saw this truck for sale about 5 years ago and it was in pretty decent shape. Would love to know the whole story. Too bad.

Attached Files Image(s)

I would kill for a Maxim nameplate, think he could get me one off of it, or know anywhere I can get one, I am willing to pay.
[color="#CC0000"]Young: The Cadillac Of Fire Apparatus.

Andy Pagano[/color]
Dunseith, ND

1951 Ford/Howe

500/300

Larry Phillips photo

Attached Files Image(s)

I found this former Salem, NH Rescue sitting behind a chinese restaurant Nashua, NH. I have no info on this rig, so any info anyone else has is welcome.

[Image: salemnhrescue1.jpg]

I found this poor old pumper from the Strawn Fire Protection District on the side of the road with a For Sale sign. The current owner apparently wanted a flatbed wrecker, and removed the box and pump to get one. This was found in Strawn, IL.

Coop
Quote:I would kill for a Maxim nameplate, think he could get me one off of it, or know anywhere I can get one, I am willing to pay.

Andy, I just found out the guy that sent me the photos is the one that is buying it for parts. I am leaving this afternoon for a 7 day vacation, but he won't have the truck for another week or so anyway. Email me next week as a reminder and I will see what I can do.
[quote name='massfirebuff' post='20374' date='Aug 7 2006, 19:15 ']I found this former Salem, NH Rescue sitting behind a chinese restaurant Nashua, NH. I have no info on this rig, so any info anyone else has is welcome.

[Image: salemnhrescue1.jpg][/quote]

I also checked this same rig out about 4 years ago in Nashua. The guy I spoke to said he was going to convert it into a work truck with welding equipment etc.... It was still in fair shape and drivable when I checked it out.
I recently found this old tanker sitting on Route 11 just outside of Woodstock, Virginia. Sitting with some other construction trucks. Exciting for me...never knew this one existed.

Star Tannery is in Frederick County, Virginia - not far from Winchester.

1960 Chevrolet 60/Local with a 1500 gallon tank.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA