FWD

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cornville Page Springs AZ
1977 Ford Boardman

Northwest Regional Arizona ??????

(07-09-2006, 10:34 AM)Guest Wrote:
Quote:Hey, I remember that truck.  Growing up I had a favorite truck in each city/town, and that was my favorite from Danvers during the 80's when it was running as Engine 3 out of the station by 128, it was still lime green and it had a single gumball-machine with a clear lens, and two small strobes on the roof.

I think the thing that appealed to me the most at the time was the color, not much lime left by the late 80's so it was pretty unique. I saw it advertised somewhere as well, and later heard somewhere that it was sold to a small town in Maine.
So did Engine 1 run from Maple St (Lyons), 2 from Hawthorn and 3 from the station by 128?
4 and 5 were always call units?

Thanks!

Regarding the Danvers "C" cab...the lime colored one was probably the first of two Ford "C" cabs we had. Both were before my time. The first one (the lime one) was a Ford/Continental I believe. I have a photo of it, but I am at work at the moment. I will get that posted when I can.

The second was a Ford "C"/E-One. That was in reserve when I started. I will get photos and dates of each.
Located next door to the San Diego Firehouse museum.

Couple of relics discovered during my recent travels in Karthaus Clearfield County Pennsylvania.

A retired 1991 Duplex/Grumman 1500/750 Engine sitting at a truck stop in Snow shoe Centre County Pennsylvania. Formerly served Citizens Hook and Ladder Volunteer Fire Company of Milesburg Centre County Pa. Also served Goshen, Chester County Pa.

The Southern Inyo County California Fire Protection District ran this 1975 International/Van Pelt 1000/500 Engine. Now retired, Ex OES

[-] The following 1 user Likes engine98's post:
  • thom2943