Tinley Park, IL

Attached Files Image(s)

Rockford,Il

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Chicago,Il A-41, Eng-1, Truck-1

Attached Files Image(s)

Branson, Mo

Great shots of the Mack's. Every color of the rainbow there.

The four generations of ALF's is also a great one for the dept. history book.
Munster,In

Attached Files Image(s)

Bass Lake,In

Attached Files Image(s)

Elgin, Il

Here is Baltimore City, MD's 4th Battalion training on April 17, 2005.

Attached Files Image(s)

Fireboat 2 & Fire-Rescue Boat 1 - Baltimore City, MD "Fort McHenry"

Attached Files Image(s)

Some older GROUP shots from yesteryear...First is from Weymouth, Mass. Unknown photographer, I bought this photo on eBay because from in the center we have Weymouths FOUR Maxim pumpers and their Maxim aerial. Might be tough to see after resizing the photo.

Attached Files Image(s)

Next is a photo from the 1960's I presume from Bellmore, NY showing FIVE of their Maxims. Photographer unknown. This was submitted to me to post on my Maxim website and I had the information at one time. My website crashed and I was able to salvage the images, but lost the information.

Attached Files Image(s)

Next two photos were taken by and sent to me by Dan Decher. Springfield, Mass. and their Maxim "S" models. It was rumored that the "S" stood for Springfield since they owned so many, but it was not the case. "S" stood for short wheelbase provided by the engine ahead of cab design.

Attached Files Image(s)

Another view from Springfield - Dan Decher photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Another yesteryear shot was this photo taken from the Maxim factory photo archives from Johnson City, TN. Three Maxim pumps, a city service ladder and an aerial,all made in Middleboro, MA.

Attached Files Image(s)

Last of my group shots is my favorite, but I'm a little biased. It was taken in Wareham, MA in October 1969 during Fire Prevention week. At the time, the town of Wareham had several seperate fire departments and they had a big parade. There was some opposition to taking the photo and the parade. As one Chief put it (to the best of my knowledge), "if the taxpayers see how much fire equipment we have, we'll never see a new truck ever again." His fears were unfounded. In the photo was apparatus from:

Wareham Fire District

Out of District Fire Department

Wareham Forest Fire Department.

Town of Wareham Fire Department

Onset Fire Department

note: many of these departments have since been absorbed only leaving two departments today - The Wareham Fire District and the Onset Fire Department.

Ironically, of all these apparatus - the two trucks that my Dad and I now own are parked next to each other. My 1946 Maxim on the left and his 1961 Maxim on the right. Go figure.

Attached Files Image(s)

Bloomington, Il Airport

Wilmington, Il

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Howie' post='9550' date='Jul 15 2006, 09:39 ']Another view from Springfield - Dan Decher photo[/quote]

Those Springfield photos are great! How long was the "S" made? I think I saw one from Palmer, MA that was a late 80's model, and was amazed they still made them that recently..