Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexandria, VA
Hey, I came across this listing. Looks like Alexandria's colors?

http://www.fentonfire.com/new_listings/l...p?lid=8285

I'm down with:

IAFF, IFPA, APCO, NAED, ARRL
Charleston, this is the rig that was only a few months old, that was totaled out in the flood that they had a year or two ago. This was replaced by a 100' Pierce Arrow XT demo RML, White over Red.

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:Charleston, this is the rig that was only a few months old, that was totaled out in the flood that they had a year or two ago. This was replaced by a 100' Pierce Arrow XT demo RML, White over Red.

Trav!
I don't believe this rig was flooded . I photographed it less than a year ago and the Dept planned to sell with several issues it had . . It was replaced by a Pierce Tiller that previously served before it . Alexandria also was to sell a American LaFrance Midmount Tower that was in storage which was reassigned back to frontline and painted black over red .
Trey White
This rig is not Alexandria, it is Charleston

http://www.sconfire.com/2015/10/04/charl...nal-guard/
The link shows the Pierce Tower that replaced it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...5344170278
Alexandria just recently ordered two Seagrave tillers. I would assume they will replace the 2013 Spartan ERV tower, 2004 ALF tower,  and the 2009 Pierce tiller at 8. Keeping the 2012 Spartan tiller frontline with the two Seagraves and the 2009 Pierce tiller will be the reserve. Any idea what kind of issues they are having with it?

What is wrong with the 2013 Spartan ERV?

Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Quote:Alexandria just recently ordered two Seagrave tillers. I would assume they will replace the 2013 Spartan ERV tower, 2004 ALF tower,  and the 2009 Pierce tiller at 8. Keeping the 2012 Spartan tiller frontline with the two Seagraves and the 2009 Pierce tiller will be the reserve. Any idea what kind of issues they are having with it?
The Seagraves are slated to go to Truck 205 which is in 2004 ALF Midmount Tower and Truck 209 which is a 2012 Spartan Tiller . That's what I was told but things change .
Trey White
Quote:What is wrong with the 2013 Spartan ERV?
Lots of mechanical issues and they weren't happy with it . They switched a few truck companies around since its gone
Trey White
Quote:Lots of mechanical issues and they weren't happy with it . They switched a few truck companies around since its gone
Thanks for the info. Just saw your post where 201 has swapped back to their old engine. Are the Spartan engines having issues as well?
Quote:Lots of mechanical issues and they weren't happy with it . They switched a few truck companies around since its gone
Thanks for the info.
Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Thanks for the replies all.

I'm down with:

IAFF, IFPA, APCO, NAED, ARRL