Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Department Maps

Over the past few years I have been working on a map of all of the Fire Stations in Minnesota. I started off one day with just the metro area one thing led to another and eventually I got up to 950 Station locations mapped. I am still adding a couple of those small cities in the middle of no where But I feel I am at a point where I can share it below is the Minnesota Map.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1deeog6...sp=sharing

The girlfriend and I have gone on 3 cruises out of Miami FL, everytime we fly in I its usually a day early or we stay a couple of days after the cruise. I was going to stop in at a couple of the Miami Area fire stations on this last cruise but My camera had an unfortunate accident. anyway I started mapping just Miami dade county, and around that area. one station led to another and I am nearing 1000 stations for FL and still have quite a ways to go for the state. for FL it was a bit more difficult as I am 1000's of Miles away I use everything I possibly can to locate stations. corrections are welcome.

I am willing to share these maps, but If I start hearing of people claiming them as there own, they start bashing my work or I just feel like my work on these just was a waste of time. I will remove access for others to view them. I am the only one who has access to edit them.

Here is the FL Map: I started doing different color dots in the Miami dade county area to designate the different departments but quickly realized that this would be the same for each county so I scrapped that idea.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h92Fdu...sp=sharing
I have Started working on my next state. Iowa. Will post it when I start to make good progress.
Not sure if you have found this in your research but when I was creating a map I found the state of Nebraska actually has a large map of the state with every departments coverage area. I don't believe it accounted for military response areas but it was still very helpful. I think there is one for Iowa as well but I cant remember off the top of my head. Best of luck!

I have not seen anything like that, I am still working at Iowa slowly but surely I am about 200-220 Stations in so far as of tonight. all of the larger cities are done now its just fill in the blank spots normally I just pick a couple of highways and box in and area to work on.