Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PAPD
Eli,

Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Frank
I dont plan on knocking on the door of a papd facility anytime soon and asking for a photo op, but out of curiosity i wonder how easy is it for anyone to get a shot of the gwb engine.
[quote name='anesti' date='27 September 2010 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1285617497' post='404820']

I dont plan on knocking on the door of a papd facility anytime soon and asking for a photo op, but out of curiosity i wonder how easy is it for anyone to get a shot of the gwb engine.

[/quote]

Depends, you would have to knock. The station is on the lower level of the admin building and access is control by a swipe card gate. You could walk around the gate but I wouldn't recommend it. I would go in the front door of the admin building and ask one of the guys in dispatch. Their is usually a Tunnel and Bridge agent in their. I would try to avoid rush hour. I've rarely seen the engine on the apron but you might be able to get some shots from the overpasses but certainly not the way to go.
All I had to do was ask... Go to the desk of the admin building.
Eli Gill - [url="http://10-75.Net"]10-75.Net[/url]
Where is the Admin bldg located????????

Thanks

Frank
[quote name='franksansev' date='28 September 2010 - 12:55 PM' timestamp='1285691747' post='404913']

Where is the Admin bldg located????????

Thanks

Frank

[/quote]

On Bruce Reynolds Blvd near the toll booths for the lower level in Fort Lee.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=qt82z18...vl=2&sty=b
Thanks!!!! Another NYC/Jersey question answered, can check this one off the list!

Frank
Perhaps this question has been answered elsewhere, but does PAPD hire firefighters to run the ARFF and other firefighting units, or is that a division within the department? Are all of the personnel police officers who are assigned to the different units, or do they rotate divisions, etc.?
All PA ARFF units are operated by cross trained police officers. PA Officers are typically assinged to one command, some take OT at different locations. I would have to guess there are certain things you would have to know about operations at lets say Kennedy that are very different from operating at Newark, likewise the PATH system is a very different operation then lets say the Bus Terminals. For instances A380s (think Double Decker Airbus) only fly into Kennedy so an officer from Newark Airport might not have any knowledge about that aircraft. Most guys the work at JFK or Laguardia live on Long Island and mostly likely do not get excited about driveing to Newark even for OT. And no one wants to travel into Manhattan
Where is that big GWB Engine based? I will be in NYC in a few months and wouldnt mind shooting it.
[quote name='NSWESP' date='01 November 2010 - 10:30 AM' timestamp='1288620600' post='409665']

Where is that big GWB Engine based? I will be in NYC in a few months and wouldnt mind shooting it.

[/quote]

Fort Lee, NJ, lower level approach, just past the toll booth. See the below link that was posted only a few replies before your post:

http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/inde...t&p=404925

Scott
Port Authority Emergency Management, WTC May 2011

Scott

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

PAPD at WTC, 5/11

Scott

PAPD K-9 at WTC, 5/11

Scott

PAPD WTC, 5/11

Scott

Great photos and as always thanks for sharing!
Port Authority Of NY & NJ Police Dept-

Commercial Vehicle Inspection Unit

PAPD CVI-

Attached Files Image(s)

PAPD CVI

Attached Files Image(s)

Interestingly, the engine is captured in the street when you rotate the picture on Bing maps.