Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Los Angeles County Fire Dept
I saw a show on TV that showed these squads a long time ago, are they still manual trannies?
[quote name='Monrovia1' post='93231' date='Apr 1 2007, 04:36 '][Image: IMG_1849.jpg][/quote]

Actually the utility bodies don't look they have change much in the last 35+ odd years. So how many fire fighters/paramedics respond on these units usually? Or is the crew cab for times when they have trainee or what not?
The Squads still respond with 2 FF/Paramedics.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[Image: 007_3A.jpg]

Utillity 16

The Utillitys in addition to delivering packages and other goods to each station in there battalion have a role in emergency incidents, They can provide a cache of foam or extra air bottles to incidents.
Do you have Station 127 Fire Equipment?
[quote name='KFDI3' post='93500' date='Apr 1 2007, 17:24 ']Do you have Station 127 Fire Equipment?[/quote]

At the time I do not have any photos of either Light Force 127 or Foam 5127 though some of the other photographers on the board might
credit to the photographers...

Station 127

Engine, Tiller (Light Force) and Foam

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

a question to you LA folk does the county have RA's like the city or is it strictly privates that transport
[quote name='EMTChris67' post='93643' date='Apr 2 2007, 08:38 ']a question to you LA folk does the county have RA's like the city or is it strictly privates that transport[/quote]

LA County Fire Department relies on private ambulance companies (ex American Medical Response)
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Does anyone know the whereabouts of the Pierce Arrow painted in FDNY colors?
[quote name='JFong' post='93764' date='Apr 2 2007, 18:51 ']Does anyone know the whereabouts of the Pierce Arrow painted in FDNY colors?[/quote]

[Image: 024_21.jpg]

I believe this engine is now Engine 5118 . Funny Engine 118 has a rig with a chicago paint scheme and there reserve rig has the FDNY paint scheme
[quote name='JFong' post='93758' date='Apr 2 2007, 18:21 ']LA County Fire Department relies on private ambulance companies (ex American Medical Response)[/quote]

[Image: 013_9A.jpg]

Mobile Aid 32

This unit was used during the prison riots that occured in north county this past summer and it also used for transport of injured firefighting personnel from situations deemed to unsafe to send a private ambulance
[Image: 016_13A-2.jpg]

Dozer 2
A little more digging around I have found out that the new Haz Mar 130 will be built by none other than you gussed it KME and sounds like it will come mounted on a freightliner cab
For youi California guys. What did they use, or what do they use currently for Chief officer vehicles. Like staff cars and such, not the BC units?
[quote name='RichRoadB' post='94875' date='Apr 6 2007, 07:08 ']For youi California guys. What did they use, or what do they use currently for Chief officer vehicles. Like staff cars and such, not the BC units?[/quote]

The standard Ford Crown Victoria
Monrovia, do you have a pic of the unit behind mobile aide 32?
Chad

Deputy Fire Chief
Clinton Volunteer Fire Department
www.clintonvfd.org

Washington DC Fire Department
FireFighter Truck Co. 15
I know that this is for "current LACO rigs" but does anyone have any older LACO rigs ?
[quote name='Chasselber1' post='94885' date='Apr 6 2007, 10:56 ']Monrovia, do you have a pic of the unit behind mobile aide 32?[/quote]

Not THE ONE BUT it is one of the lot bought....

LACoFD USAR Cashe

Attached Files Image(s)

They are USAR Cache assigned to various stations around the county they are housed at Station;s 32. 59,70,126.129.161.163 and towed by the utllitys when needed

The last time I've seen them in use was the Montebello train derailment in 2003