Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln County, NC fire stations
[quote name='bcfd424' post='111047' date='May 22 2007, 21:33 ']Lincoln County is about 25 NW of Charlotte, NC. There are 11 fire stations in the county. Station 1 is the Denver FD located on Highway 16 in Eastern Lincoln County.[/quote]

Do you have pics of Denver's new sub stations, yet?
Cornelius-Lemley Fire Department-Volunteer Captain

Denver Fire Department, NC- Career Lieutenant
No I don't have pics of Denver's substations yet. I'm going to try to get down that way sometime this week and some pics. They have some updated pics on their web site www.denvervfd.com.
Station 7 is South Fork VFD. They are located on Long Shoals Rd in Central Lincoln County.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Station 8 is Crouse FD. They are located on Highway 150 West in Western Lincoln County.

Station 9 is Lincolnton FD. They are located on W Sycamore St in Central Lincoln County. This building was just renovated about a year ago.

[quote name='bcfd424' post='112917' date='May 28 2007, 18:26 ']Station 9 is Lincolnton FD. They are located on W Sycamore St in Central Lincoln County. This building was just renovated about a year ago.[/quote]

I once traveled to Lincolnton and Gastonia. I can't recall the Gatsonia station I stopped in - it looks to be old Station 3. Has it been closed long? I especially enjoy your showing us the contemporary uses of the old houses. Enjoyable post - thanks.
Kevin Byrne
Stations 3 and 4 moved into new buildings in mid to late 2002. Station 8 opened as a new company in 2002. Station 1 moved to a new station in 2003.
Here are the two new substations for Denver VFD. These pics were taken at the end of May. The first pic is the station on Webbs Rd. It is about two weeks behind the other station.

This is the station on Kidville Rd.

I went by both of Denver's new substations Thursday and took some pics. Here is the station on Webbs Rd.

Here is the station on Kidville Rd. It doesn't look to far from being done.

Both stations are done and are in service as of Tuesday. Here is the station on Webbs Rd with Engine 12 and Truck 15 housed here.

Here is the Kidville Rd station with Engine 14 and Truck 17 housed here.

Alexis VFD located in Gaston County has built a substation in Lincoln County on Old Plank Rd just off Highway 73. They are expecting to begin moving into the building Monday March 3.

East Lincoln FD just moved into their new station on South Pilot Knob Rd.

East Lincoln FD Station 2 (temporary)

Lincoln County

Attached Files Image(s)

Howards Creek FD moved into their new station last week about one mile west of the current location on Highway 27 West.

Attached Files Image(s)

Pumpkin Center FD Station 2

Lincoln County

They just moved into this station this past week.

Attached Files Image(s)

I updated my photos of all of the Lincoln County fire stations last month. Here are the updated pictures.

Boger City FD

Attached Files Image(s)

Crouse FD

Attached Files Image(s)