Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aviation Photos - Post your "AirPics" here!
[quote name='Bill Wall' post='136088' date='Aug 2 2007, 09:53 ']Ted , I don't believe so.I took that photo at the 2007 Tyndall AFB Gulf Coast Salute back in March. I copied this off their website USAF QF-4 Phantom II

The 53rd Weapons Evaluation Group (WEG), located at Tyndall AFB, is comprised of five squadrons and two Detachments. One of the most famous aircraft assigned to the squadron is the QF-4 Phantom II. The QF-4 is an F-4 fighter that has been converted into a drone to resemble enemy aircraft. As part of the USAF Heritage Flight program, QF-4s at Holloman AFB and Tyndall AFB have been restored to piloted service and now join active duty front line aircraft and other Air Force vintage aircraft as part of the USAF Heritage Flight at numerous locations across North America............................Bill[/quote]

okie dokie that 'splains it! Thanks for the info
-Ted Pendergast

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

11/25/2012 Update: Photos added - Leominster MA 5th Alarm. -- YouTube channel firstduephotos - Follow me on Twitter: @firstduephotos
[url="http://www.firstduephotos.com"][Image: 80832888-L.jpg][/url]
C-130 fly over of the NASCAR race at Pocono Raceway, Long Pond, PA on 08/05/07

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If you looked at the TV coverage of the race, this EC-130H Compass Call out of the SOG wing @ Harrisburg (if think), was listed as a B-2 Bomber out of the 509th BW @ Whiteman. Funny mix up unless the Air force has Halloween costumes for the Spirit.
Not sure if the complete fly over was shown on TV, the EC-130H (thanks crashresq21) flew down the the front straight-away, and then turned left, out over course, and then came back straight at the crowd when I took the shot posted above.
Grumpy,

The ESPN flyby was an onboard shot as it banked on the base leg from left of the frontstretch then when it was lined up with the stretch headed towrds turn 2 it was a ground to air shot, the usual coverage of a flyby.
Some from our airport, F-18s that were used in a flyby at the Patriots game (AFC Championship Game forgot what year) Myself and fellow firefighter Jason D.

Attached Files Image(s)

A couple of T-38 "Talons" landing at Birmingham International Airport    
Frank Ryder in the Oreck XL II    

B-17 shot at the Kankakee, IL Airport

Attached Files Image(s)

Up Close! B-17

Attached Files Image(s)

B-25

Attached Files Image(s)

Up Close! B-25

Attached Files Image(s)

B-25 and B-17

Attached Files Image(s)

I haven't the Foggest what this is ??

Attached Files Image(s)

Believe thats a Yakolev Yak-2 or Yak-3, the "Mustangski"
And if you want a ride in the B-17 "nine o' nine" or a B-25 or B-24 you can go here:

[url="http://www.collingsfoundation.org/menu.htm"]http://www.collingsfoundation.org/menu.htm[/url]

I'm taking a ride in September on a B-24 for 425 dollars @ North Central airport in RI, but you can have either a ride in the 17 or the 25 also (tax deductable to boot)
[quote name='The Commish' post='138745' date='Aug 9 2007, 19:31 ']I haven't the Foggest what this is ??[/quote]

that is a russian WWII fighter built by Yakovlev model YAK-9
F15 Eagle in afterburner

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)