Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PA Fire stations
Luzerne County

Wilkes-Barre City Fire Headquarters

[Image: DSC_2198.jpg]

Nanticoke City, Hanover Engine 4 station.

[Image: DSC_2205.jpg]

Warrior Run Fire Co, Warrior Run Boro

[Image: DSC_2204.jpg]

Sugar Notch Fire Co

[Image: DSC_2202.jpg]

Hanover Twp, Preston Hose Co

[Image: DSC_2201.jpg]
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
nice pics daren, but ya missed the glen lyon #1 station on main st near lee section newport twp
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
[quote name='wardengine' post='295326' date='Apr 7 2009, 20:09 ']nice pics daren, but ya missed the glen lyon #1 station on main st near lee section newport twp[/quote]

I didn't miss it, I said at the bottom of the post, that there is another one, I had photographed in several years ago when I was there, I don't have a digital handy to post of it.
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA

Westmoreland County, City of New Kensington Station No. 1
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department

Westmoreland County City of New Kensinton Station No. 2
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Westmoreland County, City of New Kensington Station No. 3
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Westmoreland County, City of New Kensington Station No. 4
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Westmoreland County, City of New Kensington Station No. 5
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

[quote name='OPEN CAB MACK' post='295976' date='Apr 10 2009, 08:25 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=46609]

Westmoreland County, City of New Kensington Station No. 5[/quote]

Thanks for posting the photos Ed, are they from the tour with Shoop in the open cab last Sunday?

I really am bummed I missed out on that.
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[quote name='truck1882' post='296307' date='Apr 11 2009, 12:54 ']Thanks for posting the photos Ed, are they from the tour with Shoop in the open cab last Sunday?

I really am bummed I missed out on that.[/quote]

No, they were taken a while back. No need to be bummed, get a hold of Jr. and see when he is coming out and hook up with him.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Old Station No. 3. Across the street from the new station. Constructed in 1911 and retired in 1995. The four face clock in the bell tower worked up until the day it was moved out of.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Another shot. When originally constructed, it had a horseshoe garage opening.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

I want to through this photo up in hopes Rheems1 is paying attention.

[Image: NewSirensallaroundeasternLuzernecou.jpg]

This is one of quite a few new sirens through out the area of eastern Luzerne County that I was in the other weekend. Not all of them where at fire stations, but most where. What is it Fritz?
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
Tri-Town Fire Dept, Ulysses, Potter County Old station

[Image: Tri-TownFireDept-UlyssesOldStation.jpg]
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
Ranger Hose Co - Berwick Fire Dept, Columbia County

[Image: RangerHose-Berwick.jpg]
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
Ok here is a mystery for the Luzerne County PA people to solve. This station sits in Hanover twp just inbetween the Wilkes-Barre City and Ashley Boro lines, on what is Main Street in Ashley. Was this the old Newtown station in Hanover Twp?

[Image: DSC_2200.jpg]
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[quote name='truck1882' post='298622' date='Apr 20 2009, 13:08 ']Ok here is a mystery for the Luzerne County PA people to solve. This station sits in Hanover twp just inbetween the Wilkes-Barre City and Ashley Boro lines, on what is Main Street in Ashley. Was this the old Newtown station in Hanover Twp?

[Image: DSC_2200.jpg][/quote]

yes darin this is the former newtown #2 station of hanover twp now a residence
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
[quote name='truck1882' post='298615' date='Apr 20 2009, 12:52 ']I want to through this photo up in hopes Rheems1 is paying attention.

[Image: NewSirensallaroundeasternLuzernecou.jpg]

This is one of quite a few new sirens through out the area of eastern Luzerne County that I was in the other weekend. Not all of them where at fire stations, but most where. What is it Fritz?[/quote]

Ohh yes, I am paying attention alright LOL!! Here is the story on those.... the Susquehanna Steam Nuclear Generation Plant in Berwick, Pa orignally used Federal Thunderbolts and some Federal STH-10 sirens in it's early warning system. About 5 years ago the Thunderbolts started to fail in greater numbers and it was decided that they needed to be replaced, the plant started shopping for thier replacement and eventually signed with a company called ATI to furnish rotating electronic sirens as thier replacement. The ATI sirens were put up and were in service for about 2 months when it was deemed that they were junk and were not operating up to the agreed upon potientional or desired results. PP&L sued ATI for the system and it's inefficent performance, an agreement was reached and ATI purchased a new warning siren system for them. They decided to go with a system of ASC T-121 sirens which are electromechanical and have a much greater effective range. What you have is a picture of one of the new ASC T-121 sirens.... there are 2 ASC T-112 sirens (they are the same except without the big horns) in Berwick that double as fire sirens for the fire department in Berwick. Good picture Darin of one of the new sirens in the system!!!

Fritz
        In

diana Fire Association, Indiana PA

Downtown Station 2006

Clymer Fire Dept (Indiana County)

[Image: IM000328.jpg]

Lehigh Valley International Airport. I had taken this in 2004 when we had a Fire buff meeting there.

Lehigh County, PA The ARFF will be posted in the ARFF Thread.
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA