Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PA Fire stations
[quote name='wardengine' post='165501' date='Nov 21 2007, 21:46 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=27388]

for rheems1 locust dale house siren[/quote]

That's awesome Tom!! Thank you! That is a Sterling M series siren, it is dual tone so it has 1 rotor that has 16 ports and 1 rotor has 8 ports. In front of the firehouse is an alarm box with a 4 position lever... you used to signal the location of the fire by setting the box to 1 of the 4 settings. It would sound the number of times associated with the setting and everyone knew where the call was! It is a neat set up!!! Thanks for posting the siren picture Tom and please keep posting all of the wonderful station pictures!!!

hauto carbon county
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa

lehigh twp cherryville lehigh county
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa

porter twp muir fire schuylkill county

new columbus carbon county

walnutport carbon county

pennargyl lookout fire co northampton county

archbald east side #4 lackawanna county
[quote name='wardengine' post='165451' date='Nov 21 2007, 19:54 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=27360]

conyngham twp aristies fire northumberland county[/quote]

Aristas Fire Co is Columbia County Station 350 as is Centralia, Station 340.
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
Edgely F/C #1, Bristol TWP Bucks Co. Pa

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Trk10' post='193783' date='Mar 3 2008, 15:39 ']Edgely F/C #1, Bristol TWP Bucks Co. Pa[/quote]

I love how the Thunderbolt (fire siren) is positioned over the firehouse in this picture.... it just adds a certain something (including more noise to a fire call.... lots more noise since it is a Thunderbolt). I can remember when Edgely was running a very nice White/Hamerly rescue truck, by the time I finally went to Edgley to photograph it for my Hamerly file it was already gone. The person who I met there suggested that it might have been underpowered (okay fine, he called it a gutless ****ing wonder) but other than that he said it was an okay piece... not something I am used to hearing about the Hamerly's I have chased!!

Dave
[quote name='Rheems1' post='193787' date='Mar 3 2008, 16:37 ']I love how the Thunderbolt (fire siren) is positioned over the firehouse in this picture.... it just adds a certain something (including more noise to a fire call.... lots more noise since it is a Thunderbolt). I can remember when Edgely was running a very nice White/Hamerly rescue truck, by the time I finally went to Edgley to photograph it for my Hamerly file it was already gone. The person who I met there suggested that it might have been underpowered (okay fine, he called it a gutless ****ing wonder) but other than that he said it was an okay piece... not something I am used to hearing about the Hamerly's I have chased!!

Dave[/quote]

That siren has been out of service for the last 3 years or so, problably the loudest siren i have ever heard, i'm sure the neighbors are greatful. I might be able to find a copy of the old Hamerly rescue truck, if i can i will see about getting it posted.
Blair County, Geeseytown

[Image: GeeseytownSta30.jpg]

Old Grandview Fire Co, Logan Twp., Blair Co.

[Image: GrandviewFC.jpg]

New - Logan Twp United Fire Dept, Blair Co

[Image: LoganTwpUnitedFD.jpg]

Claysburg Fire Co, Blair Co

[Image: ClaysburgSta70.jpg]

Bule Knob Fire Co.

[Image: BlueKnobSta86.jpg]

Altoona Fire Dept Station 4

[Image: AltoonaFDSta4.jpg]

Altoona Fire Dept Headquarters

[Image: AltoonaFDHeadquarters.jpg]

Martinsburg Fire Co

[Image: MartinsburgFC.jpg]
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
Berks County, Reading Fire Dept

Liberty

[Image: DSC_1607.jpg]

Neversink/Keystone

[Image: DSC_1609.jpg]

Rainbow/Junior

[Image: DSC_1610.jpg]

Reading Fire Dept EMS

[Image: DSC_1613.jpg]

Schuylkill/Riverside

[Image: DSC_1615.jpg]

Marion/Hampden

[Image: DSC_1616.jpg]
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
These next 2 appear to be closed Reading City stations. Can anyone here help out with the status and names of these stations?

[Image: DSC_1608.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1614.jpg]
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[quote name='truck1882' post='245973' date='Sep 10 2008, 19:41 ']These next 2 appear to be closed Reading City stations. Can anyone here help out with the status and names of these stations?

[Image: DSC_1608.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1614.jpg][/quote]

The top picture is of the former E-13 quarters. The second picture was never a fire station.. It just has the appearance of one. Even though the RFD is primarily an all career Dept. and although the companies really exist only in name the city never removed the company names from the buildings. Our new fire station which is in the bidding stage and will house E 14 and E-5 will be called the Southwest Station. That will result in the closing of the old Liberty and Oakbrook fire stations.
Here are some fire halls from my trip to Pittsburgh in July. If I get counties wrong, please correct.

1) Bridgeville VFD 117 Allegheny County

2) Rennerdale VFD 126 Collier Township Allegheny County

-David

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Next 2 are the other 2 companies in Collier Township - Allegheny County

1) Kirwan Heights 124 the building to the upper left is where the ambos are kept along the main road. The ALF on the left side is a former FDNY pumper.

2) Presto VFD 125

-David

Next 2 are from Scott Township - Allegheny County

1) Bower Hill VFD 255

2) Glendale Hose Co.1 Scott Twp Station 257

-David

1) Carnegie Fire / Rescue VFD 118 Allegheny County

2) South Fayette Township VFD 266 Allegheny County

-David