Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bread-Pot Hot Cheese Dip
Here's a good one to serve at the Firehouse during a football game or new years day or any other special occasion.......Good for about 6-10 people depending on how hard they hit this.....which will be hard!!!!

1- 10" round bread loaf, I prefer a white or sourdough loaf.

1- 8oz package cream cheese, softened

1- 2 cup package shredded cheddar cheese

1.5 cups of sour cream (this works out to about 2/3rds of a 16oz container)

1/2 cup of chopped scallions (green onions.)

2 cups finely diced or finely cubed ham (I buy one plain ham steak, avoid "honey" or "smoked" flavors)

3oz (1 can) mild green chilie peppers, drained and chopped

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

-Preheat oven to 350

-Carefully cut a hatch in the bread by slicing it open across the top. Save the "lid" that you cut off.

-Hollow out the loaf, being careful not to puncture the bottom. Save the pieces you tore out from the center, creating a "bread pot". You can toast these and use them for the dip later.

-In a bowl, blend the three cheeses well. Add the ham, scallions and chilies, and worcestershire and again blend well.

-Spoon the mix into the bread "pot". Replace the "lid" Wrap the entire thing in foil all the way around. (If you dont have commercial foil, use normal kitchen-sized foil crossed in a + shape.)

-Bake at 350 for one and a half hours. Serve warm, with the toasted bread pieces, or chips (I prefer Fritos "dipping" corn chips but thats me.)

The BEST PART is the LID by the way!!!!!!! When you take it off, cut it in strips!!!!!