Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada Eh?
Big Dave,

Just wanted to publicly thank you for your hospitality when I got to Winnipeg. If I had been thinking I would have stayed on a couple of more days after the conference. I was busy as hell the whole time.

I will be back to visit with you properly.

Cheers,

Rob

BTW.... the local Calgary Pierce dealer is letting me take pictures of their new deliveries for them from now on. There's a PUC for Edmonton airport and a quint for Golden set to arrive next week. I'll post as soon as I can.
Besides the trucks from Newfoundland I just posted in the Relics thread, I got one or two others while I was driving all over the eastern half of the province being a radio operator for the volunteer teams running the Targa Newfoundland rally. As I was "working", there was not much time to take any decent pics or track down details on the truck. Sorry.

This was in Leading Tickles, Newfoundland - a village right on the coast of the North Atlantic. I shot an old Dodge 500/la France parked in a field in that same town, see the "Relics" thread. Anyway, while the rally was going on, the fire department actually had an incident. (Would've been nice to know more of it earlier than just hearing sirens coming up the closed rally stage road, but whatever..) Anyway, upon their return, I had presence of mind to grab my Blackberry and snap a pic of one of their trucks. This is the only full-size truck they went out with - they had four members respond, one in each of 3 trucks, and one in his POV. Their other two trucks are an old cube van looking like it's outfitted for rescue (the back door was open and there were SCBA mounted on the wall above a bench), and an older Ford F100 with a water tank, hose, and a Q (!). This here is obviously a GMC TopKick, maybe a tanker-pumper, hard to tell.

The thing on the hood/cowl is a remote controlled spotlight.

[Image: 3952280394_90136fb546_b.jpg]

EDIT: Above the GMC logo on the hood/cowl.. that might be a Fort Garry logo. Rob? Thoughts?
I am guessing it is a "Carl Thibault" rig. Lots of them around on the "Rock"
I was about to say Thibault also. Jay it has at least a 500gpm pump on it. Probably a 1500 gallon tank.
Dalum, Alberta 2009 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/FL-M2-106 4x4

420/1000/20 s/n #M092 This rig has a separate Deutz diesel to power the Darley HE500 pump.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Jay911' date='24 September 2009 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1253844014' post='338803']

Besides the trucks from Newfoundland I just posted in the Relics thread, I got one or two others while I was driving all over the eastern half of the province being a radio operator for the volunteer teams running the Targa Newfoundland rally. As I was "working", there was not much time to take any decent pics or track down details on the truck. Sorry.

This was in Leading Tickles, Newfoundland - a village right on the coast of the North Atlantic. I shot an old Dodge 500/la France parked in a field in that same town, see the "Relics" thread. Anyway, while the rally was going on, the fire department actually had an incident. (Would've been nice to know more of it earlier than just hearing sirens coming up the closed rally stage road, but whatever..) Anyway, upon their return, I had presence of mind to grab my Blackberry and snap a pic of one of their trucks. This is the only full-size truck they went out with - they had four members respond, one in each of 3 trucks, and one in his POV. Their other two trucks are an old cube van looking like it's outfitted for rescue (the back door was open and there were SCBA mounted on the wall above a bench), and an older Ford F100 with a water tank, hose, and a Q (!). This here is obviously a GMC TopKick, maybe a tanker-pumper, hard to tell.

The thing on the hood/cowl is a remote controlled spotlight.

[Image: 3952280394_90136fb546_b.jpg]

EDIT: Above the GMC logo on the hood/cowl.. that might be a Fort Garry logo. Rob? Thoughts?

[/quote]

This is the information I have for Leading Tickles NFLD.....

2004 GMC Topkick/Carl Thibault

420/1500
Barrie, Ontario

Spartan / Seagrave Canada (not a Dependable as I wrote earlier)

Heavy Rescue 1

This rig is cross-manned by the Engine crew at the Central Station

when and if needed.

My photo, taken on a trip with Tor328,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='Scottrucks' date='29 September 2009 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1254266277' post='339806']

Barrie, Ontario

Spartan / Dependable

Heavy Rescue 1

when and if needed.

[/quote]

Not sure, but I saw a tandem rescue being built at Seagrave Canada for Barrie a while back.....any chance its not a Dependable?
[quote name='ffdrive' date='29 September 2009 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1254266558' post='339807']

Not sure, but I saw a tandem rescue being built at Seagrave Canada for Barrie a while back.....any chance its not a Dependable?

[/quote]

Yep, Good Catch I can't read my own writting...
[quote name='Scottrucks' date='29 September 2009 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1254266277' post='339806']

Barrie, Ontario

Spartan / Seagrave Canada (not a Dependable as I wrote earlier)

Heavy Rescue 1

when and if needed.

[/quote]

That is one sexy Rescue! Great picture!
Russell Pascoe

Brampton, Ontario

Canada

[url="http://ottawafirepics.blogspot.com/"]http://ottawafirepics.blogspot.com/[/url]

[url="http://torontofire.blogspot.com/"]http://torontofire.blogspot.com/[/url]

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
Barrie, Ontario

2009 Spartan Gladiator

Seagrave Canada (SN# 81024)

1250/600/20a/40b

Pump Test Date: 23.Apr.09

Rescue 2

My Photo

Edmonton Airport/Leduc County, Alberta

Arrow XT PUC... more info to follow... as promised, 1500gpm/750/30A. Job #20235.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='redwoodwoof' date='04 October 2009 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1254708094' post='340915']

Edmonton Airport/Leduc County, Alberta

Arrow XT PUC... more info to follow.

[/quote]

I like the flag on the grill.
Russell Pascoe

Brampton, Ontario

Canada

[url="http://ottawafirepics.blogspot.com/"]http://ottawafirepics.blogspot.com/[/url]

[url="http://torontofire.blogspot.com/"]http://torontofire.blogspot.com/[/url]

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
Agreed! I like the flag as well. IMO the Moncton HME/Smeal (page 5 or 6) is a fantastic looking truck, what a firetruck should look like and what (I'm sure) people picture when they think of fire trucks. Those who don't know much about them, that is.

I found this old truck out back of a commercial property in Mississauga. Anyone know where/what/when or anything related to it? Sorry for the quality, it was from my 2mp cell phone (I was at work).

Jamie

It looks like a 1941 Code 33 (redesignated G15) crash tender which was the Royal Canadian Air Forces' most widely used airport crash vehicle of the Second World War. Built on a Ford chassis with Marmon-Herrington drive train, it carried 300 gallons of water and had a rotary gear pump of 350 gpm. Air aspirating play-pipe nozzles attached to 2x 100' hoselines gave the truck a faom-producing capability. It also had a 2 x 100 pound C02 extinguishing system with 2 high pressure hose reels. Information from: "Standing Against Fire" by Lt. Colonel (Rtd) Lorne MacLean.
[quote name='Big Dave' date='06 October 2009 - 07:07 PM' timestamp='1254869277' post='341275']

It looks like a 1941 Code 33 (redesignated G15) crash tender which was the Royal Canadian Air Forces' most widely used airport crash vehicle of the Second World War. Built on a Ford chassis with Marmon-Herrington drive train, it carried 300 gallons of water and had a rotary gear pump of 350 gpm. Air aspirating play-pipe nozzles attached to 2x 100' hoselines gave the truck a faom-producing capability. It also had a 2 x 100 pound C02 extinguishing system with 2 high pressure hose reels. Information from: "Standing Against Fire" by Lt. Colonel (Rtd) Lorne MacLean.

[/quote]

That's exactly what it is Dave. Gloucester, Ontario ran one that they acquired from the Air Force after the war, but it was long gone before I started work there.
Windsor NS

Aerial 8

1989 American LaFrance

100' Rearmount Aerial

ex: Uniondale NY, USA

*sorry about the poor quality....picture taken with my Blackberry

Attached Files Image(s)

CFB Halifax(Sherwater)

Red 4

2005 Spartan Metrostar/Fort Garry

1050/800/20A/20B

Fort Garry Serial #M-9973

Hashey Photo/Kemp Collection

Attached Files Image(s)

CFB Halifax (Dockyards)

2006 E\-One Bronto

100'

1993 Spartan Metrostar/NovaQuintech

1050/500/15F

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='www.atlanticfiretrucks.com' date='21 October 2009 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1256169655' post='343943']

CFB Halifax (Dockyards)

2006 E\-One Bronto

100'

1993 Spartan Metrostar/NovaQuintech

1050/500/15F

[/quote]

Hey Bobby, what else are they running at CFB Halifax? I haven't been there in about 19 years. Any other military rigs from the Coast?