Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First new build Aerialscope Michigan on order
Guess this could have gone in the department area instead, so if the moderator sees fit please feel free to move it there.

The Coldwater, MI fire department has officially placed an order for a Seagrave Marauder II Custom 4-Door stainless steel truck with a 95 foot Aerialscope at a cost of $1,185,806. Delivery is scheduled for Oct/Nov 2017, this replaces a 1992 ALF Aerochief.

They also placed an order for Seagrave Marauder II pumper which will have a 1750 gpm pump, carry 750 gallons of water, it's supposed to be a very close clone of their 2010 Seagrave pumper. The cost is $573,103.00 with delivery in June 2017, it will replace a 1990 engine I think a ALF Century 2000.

Coldwater Fire runs a F250 skid unit grass rig, Ford F450 with 14' Walk in Command Post and 1999 ALF Eagle rescue pumper in a very attractive Sand over red paint scheme.

I think their old ALF Snorkel was sold off a few years ago.

Kris
That's cool to hear about the Aerialscope. Is Seagrave big in Michigan?
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Of the top of my head I think 10 deliveries since 2004.

Kris
"....1992 ALF Aerochief"???

No such animal. 

Quote:"....1992 ALF Aerochief"???

No such animal. 

Dave,

I'm no ALF expert that's for damned sure and even what I know I'm always learning more.  So with that said all I did was put down what the Chief told me.

If I recall correctly this rig, one pumper and the snorkel were all 1970-1980's American La France open cab rigs.  I think perhaps in 1992 they were rebuilt

into closed cabs and fully refurbished for duty.  I did a full walk around and shoot of their apparatus about 10 years ago, but those were slides and I don't

have a slide scanner.

The snorkel was actually a pumper that they added the snorkel to during refurb. 

Kris
Looks like a short trip north to Coldwater is in order. Does anyone know will they keep either of the rigs being replaced from front line service. I know they got rid of snorkel 7 several years ago but never replaced it so they should have room to keep one. 

Quote:Looks like a short trip north to Coldwater is in order. Does anyone know will they keep either of the rigs being replaced from front line service. I know they got rid of snorkel 7 several years ago but never replaced it so they should have room to keep one. 

I believe there is a small chance they will keep the ALF Eagle rescue pumper but the older pumper & ladder are to be sold.

Kris
it was a 1992 WaterChief aerial.
Quote: 

Dave,

I'm no ALF expert that's for damned sure and even what I know I'm always learning more.  So with that said all I did was put down what the Chief told me.

If I recall correctly this rig, one pumper and the snorkel were all 1970-1980's American La France open cab rigs.  I think perhaps in 1992 they were rebuilt

into closed cabs and fully refurbished for duty.  I did a full walk around and shoot of their apparatus about 10 years ago, but those were slides and I don't

have a slide scanner.

The snorkel was actually a pumper that they added the snorkel to during refurb. 

Kris
The name "Aero Chief" was an American LaFrance trade name for their articulating platform device, manufactured from 1962-1974.  It was a competitor to the Snorkel design.

Quote:it was a 1992 WaterChief aerial.
Thanks, Mike!  I wasn't familiar with the rig in question, just knew it was not an Aero Chief.
Dave & Mike,

Thanks for the info.

Kris