Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 67 IH/Barton Pumper
Heres a pic of my rig. Its a 1967 IH CO1800/Americian. It originally served Council Grove KS. It has a IH 392 V8, power steerin, power brakes, and a 5 speed on the coloum. Its a blast to drive. I am lloking for in service photos, so I can replace some of the equipment that was removed.

Thanks!!

[Image: co5.jpg]
I own a couple of Americans, and I'm a big fan. One thing I can tell you is that they were fond of Dietz hose bed lights - looks like yours went missing. And is that wierd (neat) bracket above the windshield how they mounted their siren?! Just a guess. DO you have the Icongraphix book of American Fire Apparatus? Might be a good purchase, if not.

Good luck - neat, compact cab-over!!!

-Michael Stemmler
Gotta love the small, but mighty Americans!
[quote name='ihcargostar' date='23 September 2009 - 07:19 PM' timestamp='1253753997' post='338490']

Heres a pic of my rig. Its a 1967 IH CO1800/Americian. It originally served Council Grove KS. It has a IH 392 V8, power steerin, power brakes, and a 5 speed on the coloum. Its a blast to drive. I am lloking for in service photos, so I can replace some of the equipment that was removed.

Thanks!!

[Image: co5.jpg]

[/quote]

Most of the American's delivered in Kansas had a white plastic speaker for the electronic siren mounted on a bracket n this location. When did you purchase this rig? Council Grove now has a ex Wichita, KS Spartan/Sutphen 75ft Quint in WFD Lime Green.

The American Dealer for Kansas was Weis Fire Equipment in Salina, Kansas Toll Free 888-689-9347. They might be able to help they sold alot of American Rigs in Kansas. They were called Weis American Fire Equipment and in the late 1970's they switched to Pierce. Then in the 1990's Ferrara and now they sell E\-One. The kids now own the place but might be able to provide records.

Stay Safe,

Rick
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri