Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Jersey Firehouses
Station 47 Sergantsville Fire Company.

Attached Files Image(s)

Station 49 Flemington Fire Department. Flemington Borough is the county seat of Hunterdon County.

Attached Files Image(s)

Station 91 Quakertown Fire Company, now know as Franklin Township Fire District #1.

Attached Files Image(s)

Station 92-1 Milford Fire Company.

Attached Files Image(s)

The previous Station 92-1 is just across the street from the current station and is still in use as a fire station. Frontline apparatus still responds from this building and also serves as Milford Borough Hall.

Attached Files Image(s)

And the last Hunterdon County Fire Station, Station 92-2 Milford Fire Company.

Attached Files Image(s)

I forgot to add this along with the posts of Glen Gardner's current station. This is their previous station after some extensive overhaul and re-construction. It looks much different than it did as a fire station in it's current  use as Borough Hall. For anyone that hadn't seen this building as a fire station it would be practically impossible to tell this used to be a fire station.

Attached Files Image(s)

I have also added some pictures of stations that are in close proximity to Hunterdon County and have units assigned on first due boxes or extra alarm fires. First is New Hope Pa. Eagle Fire Company. I'll start with their original fire station which is now used as Borough Hall and Police Headquarters.

Attached Files Image(s)

This is the upper most part on the front of the original fire house. It will show up again.

Attached Files Image(s)

The current Eagle Fire Company station. This station had some extensive additions and re-construction done to it recently.

Attached Files Image(s)

Part of that re-construction was the addition of a museum. This section was built to look the same as the original fire house currently being used as police headquarters.

Attached Files Image(s)

As I said the top part of the building would appear again, if you look closely even the top of the museum was built to match the old station.

Attached Files Image(s)

One last picture of this station. Eagle Fire Company responds into Hunterdon County with their Tower Ladder and their Pumper Tender. Eagle also operates a second station but I don't have pictures of that station.

Attached Files Image(s)

Moving back to New Jersey, Somerset County Station 49 North Branch Fire Company. NBVFC responds in both Bridgewater and Branchburg Townships in Somerset and into Readington Township in Hunterdon County.

Attached Files Image(s)

Somerset County, Bridgewater Township, Station 21. Bradley Gardens. Although extremely infrequently events, the BGVFC is assigned on some extra alarm fires in Hunterdon County. They are assigned to certain areas as a R.I.T. Some of my earliest memories of going to a fire station were to the BGVFC's station while riding a tricycle with my Grandmother following close behind.

Attached Files Image(s)

Somerset County Station 24-1 Country Hills. While none of 24's units are assigned on Hunterdon County box alarms to my knowledge, I have pictures of their stations so I'll post them.

Attached Files Image(s)

Another view of Station 24-1

Attached Files Image(s)

Station 24-2 Country Hills Fire Company.

Attached Files Image(s)

Somerset County, Somerville NJ. (which I will always consider my hometown) Station 57. Although I'll always be partial to the West End Hose Company #3, I'll continue staying in numerical order. Engine Company #1.

Attached Files Image(s)

Side view of Engine 1's station. The Department's "Maintenance Division" is in the rear of the station.

Attached Files Image(s)