Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW YORK FIRE PATROL
Quote:I'm looking to complete a collection of Fire Patrol patches, and was wondering if anyone here knew of any leads which I could follow. Currently, I only need two more: the Fire Patrol 2000 patch, and the older red and white Fire Patrol One Patch, with the Statue of Liberty on it. Does anyone know where I could find these? I have checked sites online without success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance-

Rich
Eagle Emblems has a few they still sell at the Buff shows... not sure what you mean by complete (all 3 Companies) or EVERY Patch each one used.... It's a Start.
Quote:School visits Fire Patrol 2
so nice of those kids to bring a friend along with them .

Love the topic and all these shots.. what an interesting set up this unit was.. damn ahame all of that history and tradition was done away with by a simple decision ..
Patrol 3 Housewatch area  under construction when sold to the privale school Photo by M. Nittoli Ex Bx Dispatcher 724

Attached Files Image(s)

Patrol 3 Stairs to 2nd floor  area  under construction when sold to the privale school Photo by M. Nittoli Ex Bx Dispatcher 724

Attached Files Image(s)

Patrol 3 -- 1st floor  area  under construction when sold to the privale school Photo by M. Nittoli Ex Bx Dispatcher 724

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:I'm looking to complete a collection of Fire Patrol patches, and was wondering if anyone here knew of any leads which I could follow. Currently, I only need two more: the Fire Patrol 2000 patch, and the older red and white Fire Patrol One Patch, with the Statue of Liberty on it. Does anyone know where I could find these? I have checked sites online without success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance-

Rich
Try The Allentown spring fire show Sunday April 21,2013 you can find fire patrol patches out there.
Great stuff...keep it coming.  Never knew Eddie "O" was a "Red Head".

Both are now FDNY Fire Alarm Dispatchers.

Attached Files Image(s)

This is what Fire Patrol 3 look's like now . Brooklyn Montessori School.

Attached Files Image(s)

Valentines Day will marked the 55th anniversary of the Wooster St. Collapse @ Box 5-5-334. Killed were Sgt.Michael McGee,Patrolmen Louis Brusati,James Devine and Michael Tracy along with Firefighters Bernard Blumenthal and William Schmid.

Attached Files Image(s)

fire Patrol

Attached Files Image(s)

Fire patrol

Attached Files Image(s)

The Patrol was so much a part of FDNY but not a part of FDNY  . I think you had to be on the job to under stand that. The greatest job on earth.

Attached Files Image(s)

Fire Patrol 3's rig after they closed in its new home

Attached Files Image(s)

New home

Attached Files Image(s)

Big Indian FD still have that little firehouse right off Route 28?

Two  FP units sitting in front of Ambulance 1 at a "water show" in the lower West side. Note the water tower. Looks like around 1953 From the Jack Jansen collection. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Old photo of Herb Eysser and Vinnie D'Benedetto, both of FP 1 working at the Latin Quarter. From the Jack Jansen collection. Jack was in fire Patrol #1

Attached Files Image(s)

Fire Patrolman doing THE Job! 

Attached Files Image(s)

FPNY Station #2 is (was?) beautiful.