Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1976 Seagrave 100' TDA
Here is the TDA that I recently purchased. Haven't had a chance to take it out for good photos, but I needed these to get the tags done.

[Image: 847.jpg]

[Image: 844.jpg]

[Image: 846.jpg]

[Image: 845.jpg]

[Image: 843.jpg]
[quote name='Shoop' timestamp='1331345660' post='477043']

Here is the TDA that I recently purchased. Haven't had a chance to take it out for good photos, but I needed these to get the tags done.

[Image: 847.jpg]

[Image: 844.jpg]

[Image: 846.jpg]

[Image: 845.jpg]

[Image: 843.jpg]

[/quote]

Shoop, where is this from? It looks nice.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
Original to Kingston, NY. It was slime lime, then a minor refurb was done and painted red/white. It was sold to Sylvania Twp. OH a couple years back to be used to get drivers trained for their new tda. After that sold to a member of firepics in Carrsville, VA. It has some rough spots around the edges, nothing a little tlc can't handle.
[quote name='Shoop' timestamp='1331347001' post='477062']

Original to Kingston, NY. It was slime lime, then a minor refurb was done and painted red/white. It was sold to Sylvania Twp. OH a couple years back to be used to get drivers trained for their new tda. After that sold to a member of firepics in Carrsville, VA. It has some rough spots around the edges, nothing a little tlc can't handle.

[/quote]

It looks nice. Where are you going to keep this? Are you going to put ladders on it?
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
Patrick,

whats the serial number and model #? I did not have Kingston having a TDA, only a 73 pumper.

thanks
Mike,

Model #PT20768

Serial #E-76052
Ed,

Working on a storage facility for it now. Just waiting on the call back. There are ladders. They were missing from the photo because I had just had it weighed empty.
thank you Patrick. I dont have it as Kingston NY though, I have it as Kansas City, MO, then to Sylvania Twp. one of 6 KCMO bought in 1976. anyone else have insight? I have never seen a shot of Kingston with a K cab TDA. I do have slides of Kingston L2 with a 72 Seagrave rearmount and also a 73 Seagrave pumper in slime.

[quote name='Shoop' timestamp='1331384205' post='477076']

Mike,

Model #PT20768

Serial #E-76052

[/quote]
Mike,

I got pictures from the last owner of it in Kingston, painted both slime and then red/white. The last owner contacted somebody from Kingston, who verified that they had it since new, and had a light refurb done which included the new paint. I can also verify that they started to remove the Kingston lettering, but it still has on the driver side "on". lol. I sure would like to find a decent slide of it, if anybody has it.
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' timestamp='1331411659' post='477092']

thank you Patrick. I dont have it as Kingston NY though, I have it as Kansas City, MO, then to Sylvania Twp. one of 6 KCMO bought in 1976. anyone else have insight? I have never seen a shot of Kingston with a K cab TDA. I do have slides of Kingston L2 with a 72 Seagrave rearmount and also a 73 Seagrave pumper in slime.

[/quote]

My Seagrave list shows E76047, 48, 49, 50, 51 to Kansas City, MO. E76052 to Kingston, NY.

Dan
ok, very cool. can you post the photos you have, they would be good to see!

[quote name='Shoop' timestamp='1331419121' post='477100']

Mike,

I got pictures from the last owner of it in Kingston, painted both slime and then red/white. The last owner contacted somebody from Kingston, who verified that they had it since new, and had a light refurb done which included the new paint. I can also verify that they started to remove the Kingston lettering, but it still has on the driver side "on". lol. I sure would like to find a decent slide of it, if anybody has it.

[/quote]
then thats it! I will make the correction. thanks!

[quote name='Dan' timestamp='1331420179' post='477101']

My Seagrave list shows E76047, 48, 49, 50, 51 to Kansas City, MO. E76052 to Kingston, NY.

Dan

[/quote]
Here ya go Mike:

[Image: Truck1yellow1.jpg]

[Image: Truck1_76Seagravea1.jpg]
Sharp looking rig!!!!!! Keep us updated!
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
Nice looking truck Shoop..... Ecspecially like it with the old schhol trailer before they added the compts..... Treat her right
Jim Kay

Retired Firefighter/Paramedic

Fire Historian

Fire Buff

Photographer
OOOOO I like the bell on there when it was slime. Also like the hydrant on the front bumperSmile
Ok, got out today in the midst of selling the rearmount for some photos. Beautiful day, and just in time because it will receive some new decals on Saturday.

[Image: TillerinSun.jpg]
Gotta love two screaming detroits!!

[Image: Screamingdetroits.jpg]
Just an update. The graphics did not get completed as posted above. Ran into some issues. The truck will be going out on the 14th for some minor bodywork. When it comes back the final lettering will be completed, and the ladder boards should be on it. Looking to have it completed by the end of May.
ah yes, the famed unexpected issues. Know what they are like.........patience is a virture I am told.