Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy tasty potato salad
I have been playing with this potato salad recipe for a while now, and I think I have finally come as close to getting it right as I will. This is fairly easy, and is good for a firehouse crew of 6-8 guys.

(1) five lb bag of standard russet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/4" pieces

(1) package of bacon, cooked crisp, drained & chopped/diced.

3-4 heaping tablespoons mayo

3 tablespoons of white vinegar

3 tablespoons of sugar

1 tsp of coarse black pepper

1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning

Start by cooking the bacon in a frying pan or baking in the oven, turning often until crisp/drain on paper towel. While you are cooking the bacon, peel the potatoes.

Place the potatoes into the water and bring to a boil. Once the water comes to a boil it will not take long to cook- check frequently with a fork so that the fork goes through the semi-soft potato pieces. Drain into a colandar.

**VERY IMPORTANT** THIS IS CRITIAL TO STOP THE POTATO PIECES FROM COOKING!!!!! Fill the pot back up with COLD water. Immerse the drained potato pieces into the cold water and give a stir to shut down the cooking process. Re-drain them in the colandar, and rinse off with more cold water.

Mix in the mayo, bacon pieces, vinegar, sugar, pepper & cajun seasoning. Blend well. Chill for 1 hour.
I am going to test your recipe this weekend. I was looking for something to make for a buddy's retirement party and found this.

Thank you!

I'll keep you posted.
Jason Knecht
Fire Inspector
Township Fire Dept., Inc.
Eau Claire, WI