Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elizabeth NJ
I saw on Facebook that there was a fire in Elizabeth yesterday where they lost an engine and station but haven't found anything else on line about it. I don't generally trust the info on FB. Can anyone provide any info on this?

Thanks,

Ben
Looks Ike Engine 6 caught fire and did major damage to the firehouse: http://newsworking.net/
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Thanks
It wasn't a Pierce was it? One of our 2010 XTs burnt up in quarters over the summer. The crews used a ladder truck to pull it out before it extended to the building. Last I heard it was going back to Wisconsin for rebuild.
Looks to have been their Engine 6 on Catherine Street, an American LaFrance Eagle.
Engine 6 is an American LaFrance Eagle but I am not sure what the year model is. I want to say its an early 2000 model year, I'll have to check my FAJ since they did do a profile on them not to long ago.

Also if I remember right, there were a couple of other ALF Eagles the caught fire in the past with other departments.
Eng 6 was a 2006 ALF
Ouch, rough day for Elizabeth, that day. They had a 4-alarm, less than half a mile down Catherine St, from Engine 6's house, that evening. They had live power lines drop on to Ladder 2. Fortunately no injuries from the lines and Ladder 2 was back in service as soon as the power was cut to the area.
Indianapolis had an aLf Eagle burn up in house several years ago.
so did schuykill haven,pa

their american la france patriot was found to be the cause.
[quote name='ACPD227' timestamp='1358723631' post='507858']

Indianapolis had an aLf Eagle burn up in house several years ago.

[/quote]

That one was while it was at the shops
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
^^ did the wrenches somehow manage to blame the operators of the truck for the fry job?