Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firepics Activity
As a long time firepics member and contributor it really bothers me that not many people show a interest in firepics anymore . A lot of members have left and no longer participate or have decided to not renew their subscription . 7 years ago you could come here and find photos and info for any fire, apparatus or fire station . Is their a particular reason for the decline in activity?

Trey White
I couldn't help but to bitch about zero coverage of the Cambridge 10 alarm. After all , this was alot of Boston area at one time . Response I got was that the numerous social media sites have put a serious dent in participation. I don't Facebook, never have. But complaining about anything only seems to ruffle feathers and I still love the site and don't want to see it go away.
Quote:As a long time firepics member and contributor it really bothers me that not many people show a interest in firepics anymore . A lot of members have left and no longer participate or have decided to not renew their subscription . 7 years ago you could come here and find photos and info for any fire, apparatus or fire station . Is their a particular reason for the decline in activity?
Simple. Facebook!!!!
Facebook, Twitter and everyone has there own personal websites. I couldn't agree more it sucks, I used to come on here and half of the board would be lit up with posts I hadn't viewed. It used to take me 20 minutes to get through all of them. Now I'm lucky if I see 2 posts in a day.
I would agree that Facebook probably has a lot to do with it.  Problem is that Facebook is a poor platform for archiving things and this forum is far better for searching for old stuff.  Facebook threads become a tangled mess and lack the organization of a good forum.

Sorry, I haven't been on any trips lately.....

Not implying about you . I know you still post on a regular basis . Look forward to all the stuff you share and post .

Trey White
I agree...but I don't have much room to bitch. I don't contribute pictures...but pay to come here and look. It's not really worth the subscription anymore I;m afraid.

This is still one of my favorite sites..just hate there isn't hardly any activity anymore.

photos are to small here. a pain to post (easier on facebook)