Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chevy Impala
Was wondering if anyone had photos of impala emergecy vehicles ?
Just realized I do not have any photos of the Impalas we use at work other than this rear view from 2009 Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. I will take some more when I go into work tonight

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Found two more photos. First up 2 Impalas assigned to the NYPD Transit District 1, Columbus Circle in Manhattan. photo taken in 2009, and more than likely these cars have been retired

Attached Files Image(s)

Not really an 'emergency vehicle', but an Impala assigned to the FDNY Press Office

Good stuff, ill bw uploading some Orlando Police & Orange County Sheriff Impalas soon.
My old office...

[Image: IMG_0621-vi.jpg]

Johnson City, TN Police Department
[Image: IMG_0089-vi.jpg]

Appalachian State University, Boone, NC, Public Safety
One of my favorite all time favorite schemes, simple yet very attractive

[Image: IMG_0066-vi.jpg]

Asheville, NC, Police Department
[Image: IMG_0091-vi.jpg]

Boone, NC, Police Department
The Boone, NC police impala is so plain. It is a good shot though, Are cop cars with the plastic rims really attractive ? I dont think so
[quote name='Code33' timestamp='1358478994' post='507681']

The Boone, NC police impala is so plain. It is a good shot though, Are cop cars with the plastic rims really attractive ? I dont think so

[/quote]

I hate the usual black and white. I would probably go nuts in Cali. Their old scheme though was a bit more plain as it was a solid dark blue with some small white writing and a seal on the door. I'll have to see if I can find one of my old pics of them. Asheville on the other hand used to have dark blue doors on a white car with a stripe and door shield. By far that is the oddest scheme I have ever seen. Here is Boone's newest scheme. I'm not sure if they have it on an Impala though.

[Image: BEST%20(100).jpg]
Great information ScaleCentral, the charger is not bad lol
NYPD Impala assigned to Fleet Services Division. It is used as a loaner when other cars go in for service.

2012 Impala assigned to the 7th Precinct. Working in Times Square on a detail

Will NYPD use Ford and Nissan as a primary patrol unit now ? Any new caprice or other packages?
Right now the NYPD is using Fusions, Altimas, and Impalas for patrol. There are a few marked Escapes scattered about, Traffic has the majority. We are starting to see unmarked Taurus go to detective units and unmarked cars for bosses. Haven't seen any new Caprices, yet. Right now no one is sure what they are doing.
Here's our Wimpala

[Image: IMG_0713_1.jpg]
[url="http://www.century2000.org"]ALF Century 2000[/url]

[Image: lovefirefox1ru8dd.gif]
Thanks GrumpyFF, great photo alf2109 !!
I read an article that NYPD was going to the ford interceptor sedan.
[url="http://www.policemag.com/channel/vehicles/news/2012/07/03/nypd-picks-ford-p-i-as-new-patrol-car.aspx"]http://www.policemag...patrol-car.aspx[/url]

This article? We have yet to see any being tested. This from the department that tested the Dodge Charger a few years ago, and the only complaint was they were too small, so instead purchased Altimas and Fusions.

As I mentioned I have seen a few assigned to non patrol functions.