Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Chicago Fire"
I know there are folks who aren't a fan of this TV show, but I'm gonna ask anyways.

Now I KNOW that tactical stuff is BASED on but not necessarily PROTOCOL since it is a TV show and all...

...but I finally caught up on the series and wondered about the scene where FF Cruz leaves the gang leader to die in the fire. I know NONE of you have (and hopefully never will be) in a situation like that, but hypothetically speaking, what would you do if you were Cruz?
American Red Cross - DAT Captain
Member 4-2-4 - 5-11 Club of Chicago

Deleted Per Request.
From a REAL firefighters perspective...........We don't leave people in burning buildings to die...............No matter WHO they are................End of story! For that show to insinuate that a firefighter knowingly left a person (doesn't matter what he or she did) to die inside a building is pretty disgusting and irresponsible.................Hence why I don't watch any kind of Hollywood produced fire dept. shows........They're all garbage!
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
Very well said Marc. Make the grab and then turn the scumbag over to PD. I have seen a couple episodes of that show and that was one of them that I watched and after that scene I went back to the computer and didn't pay attention anymore.
FF/EMT

Allen Township Fire Department
Im I the only one who feels agitated at Chicago Fire? Last nites episode was one those where I almost lost it.This is there 2nd or 3rd time entering a scene for a gunshot without Police to secure it and to be confronted by a gunman.On top of that since when do Battalion Chiefs pursue a suspect with lights and sirens...Come on geez.

Trey White
Quote:Im I the only one who feels agitated at Chicago Fire? Last nites episode was one those where I almost lost it.This is there 2nd or 3rd time entering a scene for a gunshot without Police to secure it and to be confronted by a gunman.On top of that since when do Battalion Chiefs pursue a suspect with lights and sirens...Come on geez.
When its tv...ratings over realism.
I have never seen the show..nor do I want too...Having you guys as proffesionals critique it for me is enough.

Hope all are safe after the BIG BLIZZARD !!!

Fireman Jim Flaherty

Norwood FD (ret)

Boston Citywide 107
Its only a show....In actuality, the room would be so dark and smoke filled, that he most likely wouldn't be able to tell who it was that he was rescuing in the first place.   If you want to be entertained, watch the show.  If you want to learn,  watch a training tape at your station.....

Quote:Its only a show....In actuality, the room would be so dark and smoke filled, that he most likely wouldn't be able to tell who it was that he was rescuing in the first place.   If you want to be entertained, watch the show.  If you want to learn,  watch a training tape at your station.....

Problem is, is that there are ALOT of morons in this world who can't differentiate between fact and fiction (t.v.)..............They see this idiotic show and think that that's how things really are in the fire service....................Had the same issue with "Rescue Me".............Leary didn't do the FDNY any favors with that show.........And one of the main actors on there was a NYC Fireman in real life for  10 1/2 years  before he left for Hollywood........
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
I like the show, it was a good plot line......it really demonstrated ethics and the consequences of his actions. Also, there was the story that went on for the episodes beforehand. I don't think any of us would be in the same situation, but I'm sure there's a firefighter or two that  would "miss" a person. I've seen comments all over regarding criminals and they people saying "they should have just let him die".

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com