Westchester County PD ESU Truck 1
2011 Ford F-450 Superduty 4x4/Hackney

Assigned to ESU Truck 1:

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Good photo!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Nice pic and truck! Anyone know what that box is behind the lightbar?
Never seen these guys. Where do they turn out of?
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
Quote:Never seen these guys. Where do they turn out of?

County Police HQ in Hawthorne off the Saw Mill Pky. The WCPD ESU was kinda defunct....now back I guess, not really sure of their responses....
Thanks J!
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
The box above the lightbar is the hydraulic generator.

Westchester County PD ESU had been disbanded for several years. One of the major things they were known for at the time in the 70's and 80's, they had one of the only Hurst Tools in Westchester County. In the current conception, one of their main duties is Tactical First Response". Although staffing is still being fought for, the truck is a toolbox that can bring a ton to the scene, especially tools that are vital to the various infastructure they protect.

Here's some more information on the truck from Hackney's site:

http://www.hackneyev.com/deliveries/lt_westchester.php

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Quote:The box above the lightbar is the hydraulic generator.

Westchester County PD ESU had been disbanded for several years. One of the major things they were known for at the time in the 70's and 80's, they had one of the only Hurst Tools in Westchester County. In the current conception, one of their main duties is Tactical First Response". Although staffing is still being fought for, the truck is a toolbox that can bring a ton to the scene, especially tools that are vital to the various infastructure they protect.

Here's some more information on the truck from Hackney's site:

http://www.hackneyev.com/deliveries/lt_westchester.php

Officer Dennis Suarino of the Westchester County PD was responsible for training many of the volunteer fire departments in the area as they purchased Hurst tools.  He was an authorized trainer. I know I took his class twice when I was a member of Pleasantville FD, each time it was an 8 hour day on the field at Westchester County Fire Training Center in Valhalla, NY cutting cars and trucks.  He had an incredible photo collection of extractions he had done over the years.  IIRC he was medically retired in the mid 90's after an injury to his trigger finger.