Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Night time Shooting and Lens Choice
For those with Canon cameras what is your lens of choice for nighttime shooting?

-Eric Fellows

[url="http://www.ericsfirepics.com"]Eric's Fire Pics[/url]
My Tokina f/2.8 lenses.

American Red Cross - DAT Captain
Member 4-2-4 - 5-11 Club of Chicago

My go to lens is my canon 24-70 f2.8.  Depending on the the situation and how far away I am I migt use my 200mm 2.8

Sigma 30 f 1.4 works great for me, before I bought the Sigma I used a Tamron 28-75 f 2.8 or a Canon 85 f 1.8

I have an entirely different approach to fire photography. I'm not a novice (took my first fire photo in 1952) and I am certainly no expert, but after many years of using an SLR , changing lenses, settings, etc., when digital cameras came out and I found out how quick and easy it was to let the camera do my thinking, I transitioned to mostly automatic settings.

My Fuji S200 has the feel of an SLR. It has a manual zoom lens that goes from 28mm to 432mm with image stabilization. I set the ISO to AUTO3200. When it's bright daylight it sets the ISO to 100 or so, but in darkness it goes up to 3200.

Getting in with the first or second due companies, I feel I don't want to be burdened with changing lens, worrying about settings, etc. It works for me.