Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Department and Manufacturer Scuttlebutt Forums
Is it just me or did the manufacturer/department scuttlebutt forums suddenly disappear?  Hope this was an error as there has been some interesting discussion in them lately.

Gone apparently
I was wondering the same thing. They disappeared yesterday.
What happened?

OK so it's not just me.  Thought I was imagining things for a second there.  Very interested to hear what happened.

I hope they bring this forum back, there was interesting discussions and information as Alex3610 had posted earlier.

Thank you!!

Pat L. 

Battalion Chief-Howard County Fire Rescue
I say we shut down a Highway until it gets brought back!!!! everyone else seems to be doing that now-a-days

Que the cricket chirping.
Quote:Que the cricket chirping.

Yep. I can't see what could have been an issue?
Why were they taken down? Does the Administrator care to elaborate ?
Medic 43
Here's an absolute guesse. Maybe ,, someone got all in a tizzy when mergers were leaked out here before it was seen anywhere else. Those that have pending orders start reaching out and calling before official press releases were even out. Causing mass pissyness. pure speculation yes. But quite plausible in today's button hurt ssociety
Here's an absolute guesse. Maybe ,, someone got all in a tizzy when mergers were leaked out here before it was seen anywhere else. Those that have pending orders start reaching out and calling before official press releases were even out. Causing mass pissyness. pure speculation yes. But quite plausible in today's butthurt society.
I did send admin a message to make sure they were aware. Hopefully, we will find out something.

Quote:Here's an absolute guesse. Maybe ,, someone got all in a tizzy when mergers were leaked out here before it was seen anywhere else. Those that have pending orders start reaching out and calling before official press releases were even out. Causing mass pissyness. pure speculation yes. But quite plausible in today's butthurt society.

Same thing crossed my mind.  Problem is we live in the information age, and if you try and restrict that information on here, people will simply gravitate elsewhere to find it (Facebook).  I never saw anything I would consider trade secrets or privileged information.  But like you said people are hyper sensitive these days so who knows. 
I'd say the paying members deserve an answer

The paying members do deserve an answer.  I am in the process of restructuring the site, doing away with the membership fees and going to an ad based format to pay the bills.  Anyone who wants a refund now that it is free is more than welcome to it.  When I changed the members over (you now appear as "Legacy Members" instead of "Paid members"), there seems to be a gremlin somewhere that is preventing it.  With my promotion in work, I have no time during the week to address the issues and this is the first chance I've gotten to look at the board in depth this week.  I assure you, I am working on it.

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Good enough for me.  Thanks, Ed.
Thank you

Hmm, I kind of liked that we had to pay for a membership here, it undoubtedly deterred people who would contribute nothing otherwise. I think that's part of what makes this forum so great.
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
What kind of excuse is work? LOL

I just like that section and was sad that is appeared to have vanished without reason.