Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dallas goes Pierce
Heard from a reliable source that Dalla has left Spartan and gone to Pierce.
I know they had been talking to other builders for the first time in a long time.
Any reason or just looking for a change. Like everyone, I know they had a few issues but they are a complete Spartan fleet. That would be a big change.

Several things. Spartan and DFD, as well as the city have been having problems. and the new chief came from a Pierce dept. and wanted Pierce

Thanks, it will be interesting to see what chassis and see if their overall design of trucks changes as well.

Interesting. Please keep us posted.

Dallas  already has one Pierce apparatus, a HazMat unit that was bought with grant money that Pierce had the contract for.

Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport operates an all Pierce fleet.

I find it hard to believe about the switch to Pierce, especially since they've been using entirely Spartan under the various succession of companies for decades. But still entirely possible. Siddons-Martin, the Pierce dealer for Dallas, is an incredibly strong company and has made Texas predominately Pierce. Metro Fire, the Spartan dealer, is pretty strong in Texas as well.

I'm sure http://www.bensware.com/firetrucks/dfwfireapnews.php will have the news when it becomes available.

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Another thing is Siddons is now the Texas Dealer for Wheeled Coach Ambulances.
Dallas Fire runs all Wheeled Coach Ambulances. So this might have something to do with it to.
It has zero to do with ambulances. It has everything to do with MFAS and SERV dropping the ball numerous times.

Wait for someone else to post it, but remember, you heard it here first.
It is official as of today. Several Engines and three Trucks were ordered.
5 pumpers, 2 Ascendant 107’ tandem axle trucks, 1 rear mount platform all on Velocity's..
Jerremy Brown
Full time - Fulshear Simonton Tx FD
Part time - Champions ESD, Cypress Creek FD

Facebook - Jerremy Brown

"God made man, Samuel Colt made them equal."
With Siddons providing superior sales and service, it won't be long before Texas is 100% Pierce.
Seth Granville
First pics of their engines under construction on Siddons site. They went with a huge cab!
Bigger cabs, solid red, real gold leaf too. Should be nice trucks. Also in the process for a new heavy rescue, and an air truck.
I like how the cab is extended in order for all firefighters to ride forward. And it looks like it doesn't affect the wheelbase much at all, especially with the simple, slim pump panel.

The red powder coating is pretty neat, didn't know they could do that with a Velocity. Washington DC is also having Pierce do that as well, but with their Arrow XT's.
Seth Granville
Great looking piece.  The only question I have is why the heated mirrors? Am I missing something?

-Steve
It does get cold and icy in Dallas at times.
Seth Granville
(06-20-2018, 03:27 PM)TacSupport1 Wrote: It does get cold and icy in Dallas at times.

What yall in Texas call cold, Us in MN call Pool weather.
(06-21-2018, 12:22 AM)grubber33270 Wrote:
(06-20-2018, 03:27 PM)TacSupport1 Wrote: It does get cold and icy in Dallas at times.

What yall in Texas call cold, Us in MN call Pool weather.

LOL!
Seth Granville
Dallas FD is facing a serious ambulance situation:

https://www.ems1.com/ems-management/arti...oning-A-C/
Seth Granville