Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Alarm Fire in Bluffton Indiana 6-26-2013
At around noon on 6-26-2013 Bluffton Fire Department (Wells County) Indiana County Seat) Was Dispatched to 105 Perry Street Reference a building fire in a 100 plus year old 3 storey building. Once on scene Bluffton fire department found a working fire and requested mutual aid from other wells county fire departments.

Crews Were Hampered byTemps about 90 Degrees and near 100% humidity.

At approx. 12:10 Ossian Fire department (wells County) Requested Southwest Allen County Truck 57 respond to stand by at ossian fire station. Truck 57 (1998 Pierce Quantum 1500/750/75' RM) responded with a crew of 4 and arrived at Ossian fire station around 12:25. Once on station We were requested to the scene and diredcted to the northwest side and set up master stream aerial operations. Once aerial operations started the wind shifted and smoke conditions remained bad and airpacks were used for tip operations. The Fire was brought under control at about 2:45pm. Departments from 3 counties responded including wells county-Bluffton-Osssian-Liberty center-Uniondale-Wells County Ems, Adams county-Decatur-Monroe-Adams County Ems, Allen county-Southwest Fire District-Poe-Saint Joseph Twp..

At the height of the fire 2 aerials, deck guns and multi hands lines were in operation.

Bluffton paper has eairly shots.

http://www.news-banner.com/slideshows/vi...-residents   

My First 2 photos is us responding from ossian to Bluffton. All of my photos were taken with my cell phone.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You can see the fire on the right side of the winshield. 

Aerial just set up and flowing wind begining to shift.

Smoke banking down

lots of power lines where we were but we made the best of it.

Smoke banking down in the street next to building hand lines on side of building now moved due to cracks in rear of building wall apearing.

Me on the turn table I had just come off the tip got rid of coat and scba and was getting water cooling down. We each made 2 trips up the tip to direct the stream switching about every 25-30 min.

Overal shot of the back of fire building on right. This about an hour in and we are getting the upper hand.

Kind of an artsy shot with clouds moving in.

Smoke still hanging around

Front of fire building

Looking down Main street towards command post.

Another of Fire building Pery street is on the left.

Looking down perry street Bluffton Engine with deck gun in use.

Looking down side walk infront of fire building.

Attached Files Image(s)

Rear of building looking from alley

Attached Files Image(s)

Our FAO Keeping Cool

Me getting ready to go back to the tip in a few min. Fire is 75% knocked down at this point.

Officer, FAO and the working part of the truck. The flow meter on the aerial never went below 500 gpm for 2 and a hlaf hours.

Attached Files Image(s)

Me on the tip

Image(s)