Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FDIC 2017
Has anyone heard what trucks manufacturers are bringing this year? Normally by now stuff is being released.

Rosenbauer will have Gas City Indiana T-Rex.  

I hear E\-One will be bringing something interesting.
Heard that one of the bigger builders will be introducing an all new cab/chassis.  Possibly stainless.
I do know that E\-One will have a Danville, Indiana engine 192 in there new color scheme
Sutphen will have a rescue style Engine on display from Springfield Twp. (Michigan City) Indiana, amongst other things of course.

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Only thing I have heard is Pierce will be debuting something big.
i plain on going dose anyone know what special depts will shown yet

Pierce posted something today about adding on to their ascendant line of products, curious what that means
I've heard rumors of a new cab by E\-One. Also possibly a 100+ foot rear mount by sutphen
I've heard rumors of a new cab by E\-One. Also possibly a 100+ foot rear mount by sutphen
Quote:Pierce posted something today about adding on to their ascendant line of products, curious what that means
I'm guessing platform.
Smeal/LTI will have a 100ft TDA for Worthington KY.
Quote:I'm guessing platform.

My guess is a tiller
Quote:My guess is a tiller
Maybe you can clear something up for me, what is the difference between the ladder used on the ascendant line vs what is used on the normal TDA?
No one makes a 107' Tiller

Quote:Maybe you can clear something up for me, what is the difference between the ladder used on the ascendant line vs what is used on the normal TDA?

As far as the ladder itself, the biggest difference is the use of 100k psi steel vs. 80k psi in the normal ladders.  (Smeal aerials have been built this way for some time, and the tip loads reflect the difference).  Higher yield strength steel theoretically means you need less mass to achieve the same strength in an assembled ladder.  Since the ladder is lighter there are other advantages in the torque box design and stabilizers.  Remember though, it's all physics and there is no magic or cheating when it comes to weight and stability.  So don't be shocked when there are positions you can put an ascendant into that will be limited or not permitted by the software on the rig.  Personally, I'd want 4 outriggers and the 100k psi steel aerial, all parked on a set of tandems.  (Disclaimer:  I sell Smeal)  I wouldn't be surprised if Pierce starts building the ascendant ladder on the traditional 4 outrigger torque box (or a variation of it) on a tandem axle chassis.
Quote: 

As far as the ladder itself, the biggest difference is the use of 100k psi steel vs. 80k psi in the normal ladders.  (Smeal aerials have been built this way for some time, and the tip loads reflect the difference).  Higher yield strength steel theoretically means you need less mass to achieve the same strength in an assembled ladder.  Since the ladder is lighter there are other advantages in the torque box design and stabilizers.  Remember though, it's all physics and there is no magic or cheating when it comes to weight and stability.  So don't be shocked when there are positions you can put an ascendant into that will be limited or not permitted by the software on the rig.  Personally, I'd want 4 outriggers and the 100k psi steel aerial, all parked on a set of tandems.  (Disclaimer:  I sell Smeal)  I wouldn't be surprised if pierce starts building the ascendant ladder on the traditional 4 outrigger torque box (or a variation of it) on a tandem axle chassis.

This is good info for me to know. My dept is planning on replacing our ladder truck in the next couple years.
I'm interested to see if Spartan ERV and Smeal will be displaying together.

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Quote:I'm interested to see if Spartan ERV and Smeal will be displaying together.

They are setup in different booths across the isle from each other according to the map on FDIC's website.