• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unknown Rig at 10-60 Train Derailment in the Bronx
The Box looks like ex rescue 3 collapse and its a kenworth

[Image: 2vbk9bb.jpg]

[Image: fw1314.jpg]

Quote:[Image: fw1314.jpg]

OEM?
The "KEEP BACK 200 FEET" looks like a NYPD thing

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
I would say part of ESU, probably for collapse purposes.

Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
New York City OCME (Medical Examiner) Special Operations scene response unit. Carries various disaster morgue supplies and equipment.

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
The conspiracy aficionados must be going nuts. First, unmarked black helicopters, now unmarked white semi's! It does look exactly like the old R3 Collapse rig.
Quote:New York City OCME (Medical Examiner) Special Operations scene response unit. Carries various disaster morgue supplies and equipment.
So Seth... IS this old Collapse Rescue 3 with updated LEDs?

Quote:So Seth... IS this old Collapse Rescue 3 with updated LEDs?
Yes, the trailer is x-Collapse Rescue 3's 1995 SVI trailer, with a refurbished and repainted body and outfitted with some upgrades, like LED lighting. It's not the first hand-me down unit they operate, they also have several old NYPD units, including former ESU trucks. It will be on display and used at a regional ME meeting and drill this spring in NJ.

I don't know when OCME aqquired it. It probably won't be lettered....having something like that arrive on a scenefully lettered for the medical examiner's office may cause some issues, to say the least. But the OCME mobile command post is fully marked, so who knows what will end up happening.

I am told that the reason for the "Keep Back 200ft" lettering was placed there because the storage area that used to contain lumber now holds an inflatable portable morgue tent, and that space is needed to get the tent out. The NYPD shops did the work, so they just took lettering that they had laying around for the ESU units.

The Kenworth Tractor is a generic tack-on to the NYC DOT Kenworth contract. It also pulls a portable morgue refrigerated trailer, also unmarked that looks just like the average supermarket reefer trailer lit with the same LED's (I think, they may have gotten two Kenworths).
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Quote:Yes, the trailer is x-Collapse Rescue 3's 1995 SVI trailer, with a refurbished and repainted body and outfitted with some upgrades, like LED lighting. It's not the first hand-me down unit they operate, they also have several old NYPD units, including former ESU trucks. It will be on display and used at a regional ME meeting and drill this spring in NJ.

I don't know when OCME aqquired it. It probably won't be lettered....having something like that arrive on a scenefully lettered for the medical examiner's office may cause some issues, to say the least. But the OCME mobile command post is fully marked, so who knows what will end up happening.

I am told that the reason for the "Keep Back 200ft" lettering was placed there because the storage area that used to contain lumber now holds an inflatable portable morgue tent, and that space is needed to get the tent out. The NYPD shops did the work, so they just took lettering that they had laying around for the ESU units.

The Kenworth Tractor is a generic tack-on to the NYC DOT Kenworth contract. It also pulls a portable morgue refrigerated trailer, also unmarked that looks just like the average supermarket reefer trailer lit with the same LED's (I think, they may have gotten two Kenworths).

Seth thanks for the info