Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FDIC 2017
First off, I am not nor have I ever claimed to be a photographer. The following 9 photos are poorly framed, mostly due to crowds but also my artistic senses. I'm only posting these because 1958 FWD asked so nicely.

Driver's side on Lexington, KY Q9

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Officer's side

Officer's side rearmost compartment

Ladder tunnel

More ladder storage, on the left hand side of the back step

Attached Files Image(s)

Hose chute on the right hand side

Attached Files Image(s)

LA County still uses glass and brass sight gauges for their water tanks. Everyone who walked by was in disbelief. I dig the old school.

Attached Files Image(s)

The bucket on the Ascendant 110' rear mount tower.

Editorial, I absolutely hate this design, a waterway below and behind the bucket is terrible in many ways. This is basically a 110' stick with a very small rescue platform on the end. Departments that are looking for a tower ladder should consider biting the bullet and having a second axle...But that's just one fireman's opinion.

Attached Files Image(s)

Front view of the bucket. Not for me. Buy a Metz if you like this. Anyway, that's it, no rigs, just a request and things that caught my eye. Feel free to add on your photos.

Attached Files Image(s)

Taylor (amongst others) normally do a much better job with posing, etc. but here's a small contribution, and I'll add more later if I have something that someone misses.

[Image: qLnUbq.jpg]

[Image: 93Q7Z5.jpg]

And 2 of our trucks on display

[Image: mbn4dg.jpg]

Springfield Township, Michigan City (LaPorte County) Indiana. Engine 1944

[Image: guBYzt.jpg]

[Image: swty0l.jpg]

SLR 108 demo

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
For those of us not able to attend much appreciated all the post and if anyone has more please share!!!

Quote:Taylor (amongst others) normally do a much better job with posing, etc. but here's a small contribution, and I'll add more later if I have something that someone misses.

Great pics Trav. Thanks for sharing! 

Quote:LA County still uses glass and brass sight gauges for their water tanks. Everyone who walked by was in disbelief. I dig the old school.
Love it to!!! I wasn't even aware you could still get them

and yes thanks for posting for us unable to attend

Thank you guys for sharing. Looking forward to seeing more! Always enjoy seeing these photos. 

Quote:LA County still uses glass and brass sight gauges for their water tanks. Everyone who walked by was in disbelief. I dig the old school.

The hose bed cover on their engines is also very cool.  I'll try to get pictures up.  I spoke with the gentleman that designed it for them, he insisted that KME can not patent it so anyone can put it on their rigs.  Pretty cool if you ask me.
I'll add a few more, I was really only concerned with the Indiana rigs this year, but got a few more, and forgot to get Danville's E\-One.

[Image: 0Qyna1.jpg]

[Image: eVvmEB.jpg]

Palm Beach Gardens International/Horton

Brownsburg will be taking delivery of 3 matching Typhoon Engines; 1 replaces a 2012 Pierce Saber, while 2 replace matching 2007 Sutphen Shields.

[Image: E1xPAA.jpg]

[Image: 3x1QFC.jpg]

Zionsville will be placing a new Ambulance in service at Station 93, this station's 137' E\-One rear mount was on display last year.

[Image: a9TGfu.jpg]

This Ford/Braun for Carmel Fire Station 41 was on display in Lucas Oil Stadium

[Image: NFHaoa.jpg]

This "lazy Susan" style extrication tool tray seemed to be the attention getter in our booth, this was up fitted by Fire & Marine Inc. for the Springfield Twp. Engine

[Image: oflBRA.jpg]

Finally, South Bend's new Rosenbauer Commander Haz Mat unit

[Image: GflS0L.jpg]

Gas City just took delivery of this 115' Rosenbauer T-Rex on a Commander chassis. This is Gas City's first aerial, only the second active in the county, and ties for 3rd with Michigan City's T-Rex among tallest aerials in the state, trailing only East Enterprises's 135 E\-One Bronto that formerly served DFW Airport, and Zionsville's 137' aerial.

[Image: 5WghWg.jpg]