Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old FDNY pumper currently in Nova Scotia
Greetings, everyone. A question for the FDNY buffs out there. There's a former FDNY Mack currently serving Walden, Nova Scotia. It's a 1980 Mack CF611, additional details below. After its FDNY service, it was refurbed and sold to Chester Basin, Nova Scotia in the early 90s (possibly via Almonte Fire Trucks) and later sold to Walden.

So here's the question - in my notes, I have it as FDNY Engine 92. A friend researching the history of the truck hasn't been able to find anything indicating that this is the case - E92 apparently used an ALF. I have no idea where I got the E92 info.

Appreciate it if anyone has any idea where this truck served while in NY. Here are some serial numbers:

CF611F10 chassis

Chassis #2071

Pump #59415

Delivery date 6/18/1980

Much thanks,

Dean

hello i am new i have a question on when the f.d.n.y. super pumpers were purchased and how many were there
(01-28-2022, 07:25 PM)wallaat Wrote: hello i am new i have a question on when the f.d.n.y. super pumpers were purchased and how many were there

There was only one FDNY Super Pumper. It was part of a five piece system, including the pumper, a hose/turret tender and three smaller satellite tenders. The system was in service from the mid-1960's until the early 1980's. More info can easily be found with your favorite search engine.