Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Empire State Oldies
Quote:Southampton, NY (out on da island) ran this Ford L/Sutphen 85' tower.

1972 Ford LT-9000/Sutphen

0/0/85' Tower

HS-867
Southampton still runs this truck, it's one of two ladders they run. the other is a 135' Pierce bronto.
[quote name='Roger Wnek' post='6236' date='Jul 9 2006, 11:35 ']Here's a pic of an old Mack that was run by the New Hartford fire department as Truck 1.[/quote]

Here is a shot of it from last night's parade in West Winfield NY. I had a unique vantage point for this parade. This truck also served in Yorkville NY after 20+ years in New Hartford.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
[color="#009900"]Perry, NY had this beautiful 1937 American LaFrance 500 Series pumper. Registration # 7806 had a 750 gpm pump and a 250 gallon water tank. Mattson Collection[/color]

Attached Files Image(s)

[color="#FF0000"]Manhasset-Lakeville, NY ran this Ward LaFrance Floodlight unit. John Toomey pic/Mattson Collection[/color]

Attached Files Image(s)

[color="#CC0000"]Randolph, NY operated this 1939 American LaFrance 600 Series pumper. It was equipped with a 500 gpm pump. David Albrewczynski pic/Mattson Collection[/color]

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='tascman' post='6315' date='Jul 9 2006, 14:10 '][color="#FF0000"]Floral Park, NY ran this gorgeous Ward LaFrance pumper. John Toomey pic/Mattson Collection[/color][/quote]

Actually Floral Park Centre, next to Floral Park. Floral Park Centre is the smallest fire district on the island, about 1 square mile. This rig is a 1948 WLF, originally owned by the Manhasset-Lakeville FD. They sold it to Floral Park Centre in 1968, where it served as Engine 132 until the early 1980's when it was replaced by a 1959 WLF, ex-Mineola. It was then privately owned by a couple of Manhasset-Lakeville members, and evantually re-acquired by Manhasset-Lakeville FD, which still owns it today.
Quote:Southampton still runs this truck, it's one of two ladders they run. the other is a 135' pierce bronto.

That Bronto was almost purchased by my department in October, 1995. If it had been a quint........
Here is one from Mountaindale. I don't have any specs for it though.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is the Ontario Hose Company of Middletown, NY. I beleive it is a 1985 Mack with Pierce bodywork.

Attached Files Image(s)

East Eden, NY engine 3 ALF Century

North Boston, NY Engine 1 1985 ALF Century. This truck will be taken out of service real soon, it is being replaced by a HME/Toyne.

Mack AB

Pumping Engine #1

Mombassa Fire Co.

Monroe, New York

From my collection.

Quote:Here is one from Mountaindale. I don't have any specs for it though.

Hope this helps out ...

Mountain Dale, NY

1951 ALF 775-PJO

Reg. No. L-4256

Delivered: 02/23/1951

She looks in great shape.
Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.
Here's a 1976 Seagrave 100ft. Aerial that belonged to the Cleveland Hill fire company, Cheektowaga, NY.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here a 1974 ALF Pacemaker 100ft. aerial that belonged to the Hilton, NY fire department.

Here's an intersting story about this one. This is a 1973 Young Bison 1250gpm/500gal. It was orginally with the Main Transit fire company, Amherst, NY. In this pic it's with the Lawton's fire company. It now serves a fire department in Shady Dale OK. Has anyone seen this rig in service with this department in OK or have any pics of it? Even an address for the fire department would help. It's great to see this rig still running strong!

This rig may have been posted but here is one from the West Lake Road Fire Association, Geneva, NY

This rig is still going strong, here's a 1985 AMerican La France Century for the Winchester fire company, West Seneca, NY. The twin to this truck engine 1 was replaced in 1997 or 1998.