Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Rock, TX Fire Department

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Seth,

Two questions; looks to be a commercial cab (tanker perhaps) sitting in the station behind B7? Also, is there any chance seeing some rear/where the hosebed used to be shots of Rescue 2?

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
[quote name='Juice' timestamp='1303497476' post='436210']

Seth,

Two questions; looks to be a commercial cab (tanker perhaps) sitting in the station behind B7? Also, is there any chance seeing some rear/where the hosebed used to be shots of Rescue 2?

Trav!

[/quote]

I think Tanker 7 has been posted on here before.

I have some friends that work at station 7 and one of them posted the brush on Facebook earlier today. Nice rig.
Thats one awesome little brush rig! It looks Kind of mean.
The specs are

2011 Ford F-550/Skeeter

250/400
I think Round Rock boought the demo. I could be wrong, but I think so and if it is they were asking around $130,000.00 for it. We are working on a booster now ourself from the same company with the 6" lift and super single wheels and tires.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
When I shot it today the crew told me that they got it for $110,000. I was also told that Pflugerville has 2 on order has well. I'm not sure if there going to be the size of Brush 7 or not? Ladder 68 how is it working out?

[quote name='Ladder 68' timestamp='1303527568' post='436337']

I think Round Rock boought the demo. I could be wrong, but I think so and if it is they were asking around $130,000.00 for it. We are working on a booster now ourself from the same company with the 6" lift and super single wheels and tires.

[/quote]
Brush 7 was the demo, with several options removed. One of the biggest factors of this unit is that it fits in Station 7. Many other departments were after this truck. Round Rock won out because they are a large Pierce client.

There will be a lot of departments ordering Siddons Skeeter brush trucks in Central Texas, especially after this wildfire season. There is another demo being built for A&M in July that is already sold. And another round of TIFMAS trucks I strongly suspect will be ordered next year.

Now that Suddons and Martin have merged, I suspect the Skeeter brand to grow tremendously statewide , especially woth loyal Pierce clients.
Seth Granville
The biggest impact will be east and north Texas. Previously Siddons covered the western part of the stste (Austin, San Antonio, and points west) and Martin covered east (Houston, Dallas and points east including Louisiana). With them now merged into Siddons-Martin Apparatus Group the Skeeter bush units will grow in popularity in our part of the state.

Specific to ours, we are looking to limit travel height for parking garages so no lightbar and everything shifted rear and down for a lower profile while keeping the lift and super single wheels and tires. It will have the same riding positions, booster reel, whip lines, Class "A" foam system, 1-pre-connect and Whelen Pioneer floodlights (1 on the brush guard and 1 on the back) for scene lighting. We have spec, pricing and just waiting on the "green light" to go with it. It is part of a bigger package for 2-pumpers, 1-75' quint, 1-brush unit and 1-command unit.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='Juice' timestamp='1303497476' post='436210']

Seth,

is there any chance seeing some rear/where the hosebed used to be shots of Rescue 2?

[/quote]

Seth Granville

Seth Granville
you'd think creepers would work better then skateboards cause of their clearance but then again skateboards will roll straight.
[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
Round Rock Fire Department

Haz-Mat

Seth Granville

Brush 1

Seth Granville

Heavy Rescue 2

(Former RRFD Engine converted by RRFD shops- pump and tank removed-storage compartments fabritcated in place)

Seth Granville
Round Rock FD Engine 2

2010 Pierce Impel

Seth Granville
[quote name='TacSupport1' timestamp='1304373710' post='437800']

Brush 1

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=73780]

[/quote]

Are they putting this out of service? I see it is now sitting behind station 7.
[quote name='CAPTFBFD' timestamp='1304512617' post='438119']

Are they putting this out of service? I see it is now sitting behind station 7.

[/quote]

I believe it's there because Brush 7 is either temporarily reassigned or out of service. Brush 1 wouldn't fit into the bays, therefore it's parked out back.
Seth Granville
Engine 2

2010 Pierce Impel

1250/500/40F

Job # 22613

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 5

2011 Pierce Impel

1250/500/40F

Job # 23643

Attached Files Image(s)