Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
seattle new rigs
TransverseRoad- Do you know how many of the Quest's that Seattle is taking delivery of? Thanks again for the pic!
Does anyone have a pic of that logo on the rear compartment of the rescue?
[quote name='DaveYoung' post='293102' date='Mar 27 2009, 22:11 ']TransverseRoad- Do you know how many of the Quest's that Seattle is taking delivery of? Thanks again for the pic![/quote]

I heard E18 and E24, not sure if there will be more at this time.
[quote name='eport' post='293147' date='Mar 28 2009, 06:29 ']Does anyone have a pic of that logo on the rear compartment of the rescue?[/quote]

Here it is as it appeared in Aug 2008.

Attached Files Image(s)

"in omnia paratus:" prepared for all things
Thanks!! I was curious as towhat it said...
[quote name='TransverseRoad' post='293065' date='Mar 27 2009, 22:23 ']Here's a shot of the Engine 5. A 2008 E\-One Quest, SFD shop number 85433, E-1 134503, just went into service on Tuesday, March 24.[/quote]

Finally round head lights again. Now it looks more like a fire engine. Great looking rig.
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
[quote name='TransverseRoad' post='293159' date='Mar 28 2009, 09:17 ']I heard E18 and E24, not sure if there will be more at this time.[/quote]

Thank you for the info, much appreciated.
Have the new TDAs been delivered? Any word on assignment?
[color="#FF0000"]http://flickr.com/photos/srq2009/[/color]
[quote name='srq2009' post='312637' date='Jun 10 2009, 16:43 ']Have the new TDAs been delivered? Any word on assignment?[/quote]

There on the Pierce Web site two tillers. It is a poor shot but you they look sharp.

Stay Safe,

Rick
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
SFD Ladder 4 and Ladder 10 have identical 1994 Simon-Duplex/LTI TDAs. I'd guess that the two new Pierces are going to go to those two companies based on their age.
I thought we'd already Idenified (though someone's conversation with some Sfd officer if I remember correctly) that at least one is going to ladder 1 as the Crimsom tiller has had problems.

am I just dreaming?
[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
[quote name='willman940' post='313130' date='Jun 12 2009, 12:04 ']I thought we'd already Idenified (though someone's conversation with some Sfd officer if I remember correctly) that at least one is going to ladder 1 as the Crimsom tiller has had problems.

am I just dreaming?[/quote]

I've lived here since '89, and as a general rule the SFD leaves its ladders with the same company for their entire career. So usually the oldest companies in service are replaced with whatever new ladders are purchased. That's why I'm guessing that they're going to end up at L4 and L10. The only possible wrinkle is that L4's quarters are smaller than L10 and L1, as it's a really old house, but it's currently being renovated so it's possible it'll be big enough for the new Pierces.
[quote name='TransverseRoad' post='293095' date='Mar 28 2009, 00:20 ']Those rear view mirrors appear like two aliens. It's really sharp looking, but I think a beefier bumper would go a long way.[/quote]

I agree with you on the mirrors other than that its a sharp looking rig, most of our front bumpers are against the truck like that while your lose some protecting of an extended front bumper in high traffic and narrow street they sure are alot easier to weave in and out of cars with than the ones with extended front bumpers so I can see why they order them like that.
My brother in Vancouver, BC was in Seattle recently for business and grabbed this shot of Engine 5 while he was there.

[quote name='DaveYoung' post='293102' date='Mar 27 2009, 21:11 ']TransverseRoad- Do you know how many of the Quest's that Seattle is taking delivery of? Thanks again for the pic![/quote]

Here is another pic of E5, this time it's parked in front of the museum.

Attached Files Image(s)

E18 in front of quarters.

Attached Files Image(s)

And E24 on an aid run a few weeks ago along Greenwood Ave. I don't know at this time if there are any more E\-One Quests on order.

Attached Files Image(s)

Peep-a-boo view of the new Ladder 10, 2008/2009? 100' TDA entering an apparatus bay at the shops.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='TransverseRoad' post='316892' date='Jun 25 2009, 23:42 ']Peep-a-boo view of the new Ladder 10, 2008/2009? 100' TDA entering an apparatus bay at the shops.[/quote]

Looks great.