Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ward LaFrance Ultravision
CFD E-74

Attached Files Image(s)

CFD E-107

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:The Vigilant Hose. Co in Freeport/Long Island has this nice 1971 model with 1250 gpm-pump and 500 gallon-tank. It was rebuilt by R.D.Murray in 1993.

Unlike the rest of the rigs posted so far, this one is a Model 85. Note the lack of an engine compartment behind the cab. The engine was located between the driver and officer seats. This is #85-47, delivered on 5-8-73. My list also shows two Model 80's delivered to Freeport. #80-640 was delivered on 8-16-72, #80-713 was delivered on 4/27/73. I have no info on either of these except that I know Freeport had a Model 80 with a Hi-Ranger platform. Anyone know more?
Crete,Il 1967 Ward laFrance 1000/500 Eng-5

Attached Files Image(s)

Ok, in order to correct the distorted photos that I posted earlier, I re-scanned them. I'll post them below. But first, I found this one and re-scanned it too. It wasn't posted earlier. It is a former Westbrook Fire Protection, Dundalk, MD 1964 Ward LaFrance Pumper known as Engine 642. I don't know the other specifics.

Photo by Mark Carr

Attached Files Image(s)

Here you go Dave! Boynton Beach's undistorted Ward.

Photo by Mark Carr

Attached Files Image(s)

Palm Beach Community College Fire Academy's Ward. This is the one that came from either Boca Raton or Boynton Beach. It's a 1973 Ward LaFrance/Gator 1000/500 Pumper.

Undistorted photo by Mark Carr

Attached Files Image(s)

Trail Park's Ward, the 197? Ward LaFrance 1250/750 Pumper #710.

Mark Carr photo

Attached Files Image(s)

1973 Ward LaFrance 1000/?/50' Telesquirt (Ex Jupiter-Tequesta Fire Control District #1)

Photo by Mark Carr

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

Lantana, FL's 1974 Ward LaFrance 1000/500 Pumper Engine 3

Photo by Mark Carr

Attached Files Image(s)

Military Park Fire Control District #4 in West Palm Beach's 1974 Ward LaFrance 1000/1000 in its various color schemes and letterings.

Photos by Mark Carr

Attached Files Image(s)

1974 Ward LaFrance 1250/500 Pumper of the Del Trail Fire Control District #9. This was Engine 8. Del Trail was in Delray Beach, FL (not the city department though).

Photo by Mark Carr

Attached Files Image(s)

This, in its various colors and lettering was Juno Beach's 1977 Ward LaFrance/Maxim.

Photos by Mark Carr

Attached Files Image(s)

In suburban Lake Worth, FL (not the city of) the Trail Park Fire Control District #7 had this 1978 Ward LaFrance/Gator Rehab 1250/750 Pumper.. Dave, this one might actually be the same as the all red one from Trail Park at the top of my modified posts. I'm not sure.

Photo by Mark Carr

Attached Files Image(s)

I dont think I posted these earlier but, since I re-scanned them, I thought I'd add them. They are from Lake Park, FL Fire Dept. The truck was first all red, then white with red stripes, then all red again. When Palm Beach County Fire-Rescue took over Lake Park, the rig was sold to a county firefighter. I think he still uses it for the FOOLS organization.

Interesting thing about this rig Dave. I've been told by many that this rig was actually the one specced out for the tv show Emergency! The tv show ordered a flashier, more expensive rig than Lake Park. But, Emergency was in a hurry. A deal was made to give Emergency the Lake Park truck which was slated for completion earlier. Lake Park got the one originally slated for the tv show. So, when Lake Park repainted the rig just prior to getting rid of it, they painted it to sort of match the one from the tv show. And now, you know the rest of the story. Paul Harvey, good day!

Photos by Mark Carr

Attached Files Image(s)

Couldn't post them all together this time.

Photo by Mark Carr

And here's the white version.

Photo by Mark Carr

Attached Files Image(s)

East Herkimer NY recently retired this pumper, running as Engine 136.

John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
Newport NY once ran this Ward formerly of Erskine Lakes, NJ. Ron Bogardus photo.

John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

Former Holland Patent Engine 1.

John Kenealy