Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detroit Apparatus
I just seen a photo of the new ladder 23 on R and R fire truck and repair Facebook page
Quote:Well nothing should let a manufacturer know how well the product stands up quite like the work they will see in detroit. Hopefully the equipment is a user friendly for the environment and alow the members safer working conditions.

Looking forward to seeing the new squad setup. Can anyone fill us in on what's gone on with the newer squads. Mainly the rigs themselves, what became of what was the original squad replacements. Only heard bits and pieces, and you know how that goes in the fire service.
I don't know what is going on with the apparatus replacing the current squads, but the Spartan Chassis that were originally intended to be replacements for the squads were used to build additional regular engines.  They were the second batch of Smeal engines and they have the "normal" Spartan raised roof rather than the short raised roof that the first order of engines had.
The 6 new squads will be built by Ahrens-Fox on an HME chassis. Its my understanding they will be walk-around and not walk-thru like they have now. They also have I believe 10 new Ferrara engines coming in addition to the Smeal rearmount ladders and the 2 new towers (L6 & L7) they got. Also heard they put in an add on order with Ferrara for an additional rearmount tower for L17

<p class="bbc_center">Kevin White

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
Id hate to be fleet services. Seems like they have a Hodge podge of makes, and brands. once they get older it will take 1 person full time just to order parts . 

Well what an awesome problem to have for a dept that's not use to new anything much.
Engine 52

2017 Ferrara 'Cinder'

1500/500

One of eight 

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks Dan

A local company here in Indiana just remounted 2 boxes from the International Terrastars.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...8752388275
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Engine 53

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Engine 57

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Squad 1

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net