Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preview of FDIC Apparatus
Is  their any American LaFrance  apparatus?

Quote:Is  their any American LaFrance  apparatus?
See page 1.  Buffalo, Ny's tower ladder is there.  
Quote:Believe this is East Brooklyn Connecticut, their department ID number is 92 and the patch has a 92 on it, their past rigs have been a white over a dark maroon so going from dark maroon to black is not too far off in a color change.  
You are correct, its going to the East Brooklyn VFD in Brooklyn, CT.  A lot of talk about it on the CT fire forum, looks sweet.  Definitely different from "traditional" colors.
Has anyone been able to get a shot of the Mount Horeb Pierce Peterbuilt?

Dave McClung

Arden Hills, Minnesota but....

my heart is also back in Northern VA, especially Alexandria.

All pictures are taken by me and subject to copyright.

No picture taken by me may be copied or linked without my

express permission.
I got one, but don't have it with me
Quote:Has anyone been able to get a shot of the Mount Horeb Pierce Peterbuilt?
There are some shots on the Emergency Equipment Professionals facebook page. They are not great, but I saw them this morning. If I knew how to take you to the link, I'd put it in here, but I'm not that savy Smile
https://www.facebook.com/EmergencyEquipm...fessionals

WOW.... No Roto~Ray or 888s..... Only 1 Q2    Plus it's a 4x4

I'll have some photos up tomorrow. It was next to impossible to get good shots of the FDMH Peterbilt - I tried to do so several times over three days. The paint is a metal flake with shredded glass in it, you ought to see it when the light hits it. Several pieces of customization as well.

ALF had four rigs at the show.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
What did Seagrave bring to FDIC?  Anything besides the Scope and the Engine posted in a previous picture?

Quote:What did Seagrave bring to FDIC?  Anything besides the Scope and the Engine posted in a previous picture?
Nope
Thanks for the link on the Mount Horeb rig. Will look forward to seeing your shots Taylor. I know how hard it is in the display area with all the people around.

Dave McClung

Arden Hills, Minnesota but....

my heart is also back in Northern VA, especially Alexandria.

All pictures are taken by me and subject to copyright.

No picture taken by me may be copied or linked without my

express permission.
Did ALF bring anything else, demos or the like? Brochures or anything that may be indictive of them having a future?

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
All of the ALFs were customer rigs. The Buffalo tower, two engines headed to NC, and one other that I don't recall as I zip down the interstate on the way home. I'll check when tomorrow...we're 10 hours into our 12 hour ride.

As I recall, there were 7 Pierces (5 in Pierce booth, 1 in Peterbilt, 1 in International), one Spencer, two Alexis, approximately eight Rosenbauer, approximately six E\-One, about nine Spartan ERV, three Toyne, one EVI, about seven KME, no CustomFire, four ALF, one Ft Garry, one Quiroga, two Fouts, two US Tanker, one Firovac, six Sutphen, about five HME, one Danko, two Midwest, two Seagrave (one Scope, one pumper), six Ferrara, one Hackney, about 5 Smeal, two Blanchat, one Unrah, ambulances from all the big guys, and a number of smaller manufacturers making brush and attack rigs. There may be others that I've simply forgotten with everything there was to take in.
Taylor Goodman
Maybe I'm just picky because I once sold rigs, but I was absolutely horrified at some of the quality and fit and finish issues I saw on some rigs brought to Indy to show off a builder's "best."  One rig had a compartment we couldn't open because a step light was mounted in such a way that you couldn't clear the light while opening the lid without causing damage...  I enjoy FDIC more and more now for this fact - if they can't finish a rig to a high standard to show thousands of potential customers, how will they build it for you after the contract is signed?  You can really see the essence of a builder there.

Not to mention one regional sales manager that HAD a chance to sell my department a rig in the future but probably will never get a shot at this point.  Yes, I sold rigs in the past and he knew that.  No, I don't anymore (and he knew that as well) and I'm now a chief that ultimately approves or denies rig purchases that go in front of our board.  But that two minutes that I wasted of your time so you could be rude, condescending and dismissive, I hope it was well worth it.  That's one less brand to consider.  And I once held their product in high regard.

The Spartan aerial product being offered to outside builders is a version "stripped down"  from their product, so beware of that.  Obviously Spartan can sell the discounted version as well, but third party builders do not get the rollers and unique lifting cradle that make their aerial so smooth.  Anyone look at the 65' Giamex they were showing?  Opinions?

Lots of builders' plumbing inside the panels was poorly laid out.  You would think the engineering departments could take a clue and design for pumping efficiency.  Truthfully wonder how many builder's engineers actually design the plumbing or not.

Mount Horeb's new paint color choice is amazing as was mentioned earlier.  Gorgeous.

My feet hurt from too much walking and poor shoe selection.  Maybe that's making me crabby  Smile
You'd think ALF would make a stronger presence. The Buffalo ladder is a couple years past due now.

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Welcome, NC had their ALF engine there. Where was the other ALF from in NC?
Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
Joel,

I have to agree with some of your assessments.  We found burned out step light wiring on a rig.  Another rig that had all of the electrical components in the compartments covered with black electrical tape - no loom, no waterproof connectors, nothing hiding it from the elements.  One manufacturer that didn't install the roll-up doors correctly and had the wrong tolerance between the doors and body.  One manufacturer mounted an unprotected fuse block on the back of the sloped doghouse on a Spartan cab, just above floor level.  One kick of a firefighter's boot and it's done.

All that said, there was plenty of great rigs with excellent build quality on the floor as well!

As for your conversation, I truly have to wonder if this was the same manufacturer's rep that told me I wasted his time when I published my last set of specifications for a pumper for the VFD and that we only awarded our bid to the selected manufacturer because they got to make a sales presentation before he did.  Like you said, this guy was very condescending.

Ah well, can't wait for 2014!

Taylor Goodman
I was at the Sutphen booth both days working.

I'd greatly appreciate any opinion on the 6 trucks we had there...good or bad. We greatly value your opinion and would welcome the criticism. It will make our product better.

Thanks in advance!!

Quote:I was at the Sutphen booth both days working.

I'd greatly appreciate any opinion on the 6 trucks we had there...good or bad. We greatly value your opinion and would welcome the criticism. It will make our product better.

Thanks in advance!!

Didn't get to attend but I had someone send me some pics around that SPH100 and I like those manual controls far more than our SPH's.
Quote:Didn't get to attend but I had someone send me some pics around that SPH100 and I like those manual controls far more than our SPH's.
Agreed!! The manual controls should have been offered initially!! It has been the most requested item on the SPH.

Orlando has their first SPH on order and it too will be manual controls. I think that the manual controls will be 75% or more of the SPH's ordered from now on.