Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BALTIMORE UNDER SEIGE April 27-28, 2015
Let's wash our eyes out with this . . . . 

[Image: Baltimore_zps996wefpj.jpg]

Stay strong, Baltimore. The amount of citizens who decided the proper way to demand justice was to steal a big screen TV was statistically very small.  The folks in this photo live there, and they are prepared to support the cops and firefighters in protecting their neighborhood. 

Nice shots.

Thanks for sharing

Saw a video of a Howard County engine getting pelted with bottles on their way to a call.

Also does anyone have a rundown of the dept/units that responded for mutual aid in Baltimore City?

People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
While searching through the web I found these photos taken by Evan Vucci/Associated Press:

They are of me and my crew putting water on the 3-alarm church blaze on the east side:

It eventually went out!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thats pretty cool. Some finally got a photo of ya on a fire Howard and not the other way around!

Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
This is a pic of the Howard Co. engine that was actually hit by a cinder block while responding through the North Ave. area. This attack was shown on the Fox news Megyn Kelly show.

Pic by Ret. chief Bill Goddard, through PhillyFireNews

Frederick Co.,MD. was originally requested for 4 engines and 3 ladders, the county chief reduced this to 2 engines, request was then cancelled.

Canteen 1 from Independent Hose Co. was dispatched, and did see service in Baltimore.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Brings back so many memories for me, working the LA Riots of 1992 in Compton.

Scott

Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Thanks for rundown. Tough to watch that night. I can probably speak for many a fireman out there when I say you guys were in our thoughts while watching it all go to shit. Glad you guys are ok.
Quote:Here's a Rescue Vehicle from Greenbelt, Prince Georges County:
Dragoon Armored vehicle, 1 of only 2 in civilian service in North America
Reminds me of 1968 when Dr. King was killed. That week or two was pretty rough all over. We ran so much and laid hose, sometimes leaving it to get away from protesters.

All firefighters as well as police officers and EMS folks  stay safe, as this isn't the end of this protesting this year!

I fear it will get worse before it gets better.
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
Great photos! It has been a crazy week in Maryland. Stay safe all!

Matt

Anne Arundel County, Maryland

My Website: www.bythebayphotos.com
[quote name='BCFDphotoman' timestamp='1430350950' post='546857']One of the Police "Bearcats" parked in front of City Hall:[/quote]
Technically, that's an MRAP - Mine Resistant, Ambush Protected. It's a lot bigger than a BearCat!

http://www.navistardefense.com/NavistarDefense/mobile