Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Virginia
Last for me is Ambulance 44-71, a 2006 Ford F-350/McCoy Miller.  Questions and comments welcome.

For more from Mineral County (including Burlington's 'new' Engine-Tanker), check out my dads Smugmug page, https://mnsand.smugmug.com/Other-2/Miner...-Virginia/

I thought Keyser purchased Dumfries Va. 1988 E\-One ladder truck?? Did it get replaced??

Quote:I thought Keyser purchased Dumfries Va. 1988 E-one ladder truck?? Did it get replaced??

Chris,

Kenova, WV ended up with the ex-Dumfries ladder truck.  Looks like they still have it.

https://www.facebook.com/169592809735273...=3&theater

Keyser's used Pierce replaced a KME ladder truck that fell through a bridge while responding to a call a few years back.  

http://www.firehouse.com/news/10884049/w...ugh-bridge
Quote: 

Chris,

Kenova, WV ended up with the ex-Dumfries ladder truck.  Looks like they still have it.

https://www.facebook.com/169592809735273...=3&theater

Keyser's used Pierce replaced a KME ladder truck that fell through a bridge while responding to a call a few years back.  

http://www.firehouse.com/news/10884049/w...ugh-bridge
Thanks I got my K's confused
Whats going on with Bakerton these days? 

Guerry N. Barbee

Career - Charlotte Fire Department - Relief Captain Battalion 1

Combo Dept - Cornelius-Lemley Fire Rescue - Deputy Fire Chief - "The Graveyard"

guerrybarbee@yahoo.com
Quote:Whats going on with Bakerton these days?
Mike Sanders Smug mug page has all of their past and current rigs to give you an idea
Trey White
L18CLFD,

Like Trey said, Mike's Smugmug has their current and past apparatus. Click on the West Virginia tab, then on the Jefferson County folder.

https://mnsand.smugmug.com
Curious, why did they sell the 2011 tanker that they won from a grant, for an older one, with less tank capacity? I thought I had heard they were looking to move up in size?

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Thanks for the posting the pics. Let me know when you want to come back up, or take a trip up into the mountains. I'll translate for ya!

As an update - the older tanker of ours (New Creek) should be going out of service within the next 2-3 weeks. The "new-used" tanker is only waiting for decals and paint (going to cover the white with black to match the new scheme).

New Creek is also in the beginning stages of designing a replacement engine for our Freightliner Engine/tanker. It will be replaced as an engine only.

Fountain has broke ground for their new station a few weeks ago.

Tanker 33 from Keyser was placed out of service shortly after you took those pics. They have not replaced it with another tanker, but rather a used E\-One from Upper Macungie Township in Pa.

Wiley Ford also purchased a used rescue-engine from Blue Ridge Mountain VFD in PA.

There are 3 new ambulances in Mineral, 2 just recently delivered. Elk District Ambulance received their new re-chassied unit a few months ago. Short Gap received their new ambulance last week, and Ridgeley received theirs this week.

There have been several additions in Hampshire County as of late. Augusta, Slainsville, Capon Springs and Romney have all purchased used apparatus to update/add to their fleets. Capon Bridge has also purchased (or so I've heard) both of Dale City's Pierce engines that they just replaced.

In Grant County - Maysville purchased a used rescue engine from nearby Deep Creek, MD. It replaced the older red Pierce (sorry can't remember the #). I'm not sure if they are getting rid of it, or using it as a reserve.

I THINK that's all the updates that I can think of at this time. Hopefully winter will finally give in and leave before summer is over, then you guys will have to come back up for updates!

Great info Dustin, thanks a lot! You're correct on the 2 Dale City pumpers, should work well for Capon Bridge. I know we're hoping to get back into your area soon, appreciate the offer to help.
Here is a pic of Keyser's E\-One that they recently purchased, before they had the lettering removed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I had the pleasure of instructing some TIMS material at the annual Tucker County training day. Recently they have decided meet once a year (all departments) and train on a few topics. Here are a few pics of the apparatus on hand. 

Sorry for not getting the best placement, I took the pics while they were doing some extrication training, prior to my class. 

First pic is of Thomas VFD Rescue 2. This apparatus is soon to be replaced. Speaking with the guys today, they are replacing it with a new small Pierce

Next up is Thomas Engine 47 - International/Pierce -  sorry no specifics on it

Next up - Davis Rescue 26 - sorry no specifics on it

Davis Engine 22 - Freightliner/Pierce - sorry no specifics on it

Mural on Engine 22 - a picture of Blackwater Falls, which is in their first due coverage area.

Parsons Engine 11 - Pierce - sorry no specifics on it

Parsons newest apparatus - Rescue 1 - Ford/Spartan - sorry no specifics on it

Really not a good picture of it - Canaan Valley Rescue Engine 39 - Freightliner/Fire Wolf - sorry no specifics on it

Canaan Valley's newest addition - Special Response 31 - Ford - interior body work was completed by West Virginia Fire Trucks. Carries specialty equipment such as rope rescue, etc.