Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detroit Trip Oct 2013 (Not Devil's Night)
tried some black & white stuff too

Attached Files Image(s)

this one is nice too

Attached Files Image(s)

thats about it for this box..lots more from this one on my site

Attached Files Image(s)

Steve

I had heard awhile back that Detroit had not gotten or forgot to get their aerials certified. Since you have shots of FF on the Aerials I take it this has been fixed? 

Quote:Steve

I had heard awhile back that Detroit had not gotten or forgot to get their aerials certified. Since you have shots of FF on the Aerials I take it this has been fixed? 
dunno...I heard the same thing..If I hadda guess I would bet they just use them anyway...don't really know though
As of the week of FDIC (or shortly thereafter) they had won a grant, and were beginning to get them retested again. You hear about the bad things, such as certification not happening, but when they finally get caught up, you never hear a word about it. Someone like me, who wants the whole story from beginning to end, and not just the bad, that kind of drives me nuts. Great shots Steve.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
This next box was 2 dwellings but it was right at the rush hour and we were severely delayed to to breakfast....we had gotten it at 0630 and even though it was noon were just getting rolling...Wendell and Pitt

Attached Files Image(s)

not much left

Attached Files Image(s)

nice shot of what I think is 39

Attached Files Image(s)

the rear showed at least 1 previous fire.....

Attached Files Image(s)

this melted siding was really interesting

Attached Files Image(s)

Squad..posed nice

Attached Files Image(s)

I always liked these kinda shots with the fire in the background...

Attached Files Image(s)

Love the Black and white stuff!!

great set Steve!

Ken LaBelle

Capt Town of Lincoln Fire/Rescue 4
NRIFirePhotos.com
This box was at 7 mile and Cameron..Not much to see but some significant stuff going on. Can't be sure if the original fire burnt through the roof or , most likely a past fire...At any rate the MPO of an engine was appointed safety officer and he alertly noticed the front and side roof peaks were slowly sinking inward...The pictures show this a little but as you can see there was no real clear view of the roof area to be had...Members were ordered out and they used a handline on an aerial to hit some of the lazy fire..We didn't stay long, but it sounds like they were here for quite some time..due to poor access. It was interesting to see the whole safety thing actually seemed to work..

Attached Files Image(s)

you can see the sag a little in this shot

Attached Files Image(s)

one man operation

Attached Files Image(s)

New ambo....

Attached Files Image(s)

neat graphic

Attached Files Image(s)