Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Empire State Oldies
Bellmore Engine 603, on one of its worst days. Broke down by our house returning from an alarm. Engine 601 from Newbridge station hooked a chain up and dragged her onto the side street. It was a sign...603 was replaced a short time later. (Another pic by a ten year old, hence the neighbor's dog and fence.)

Attached Files Image(s)

MIllbrook, NY

1930 Seagrave

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='grumpyFF' timestamp='1312607228' post='451603']

MIllbrook, NY

1930 Seagrave

[/quote]

I heard it cost a quater mil to refurbish it....
FF - JH Ketcham Hose Co, Dover Plains, NY 36 Truck

FAO - City of Poughkeepsie

FTM - PTB - KTF
[quote name='GA_Dave' timestamp='1312585393' post='451557']

I don't have the specifics, but it is a late 1950's/early 1960's International B Series chassis. Body could be a Maxim or possibly a Young. I see similarities to both.

[/quote]

There's a MAXIM logo on the front fender next to the "International" script...
Trying to locate old ladder truck from my company. The only info I have is that it was a 1941 Seagrave ladder truck that started in Union NJ, and then went to West Paterson Fire Department Co 2. After that it was sold to a gentleman in Poughkeepsie, ny with the name Van Cort which he put on the truck. Any info would help.

[quote name='lakerpyro318' timestamp='1312857240' post='452007']

Trying to locate old ladder truck from my company. The only info I have is that it was a 1941 Seagrave ladder truck that started in Union NJ, and then went to West Paterson Fire Department Co 2. After that it was sold to a gentleman in Poughkeepsie, ny with the name Van Cort which he put on the truck. Any info would help.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=77879]

[/quote]

The good ole days! Certainly miss the musters at Kensico Dam Plaza in Valhalla. Was a great time!
[quote name='lakerpyro318' timestamp='1312857240' post='452007']

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=77879]

[/quote]

The good ole days! Certainly miss the musters at Kensico Dam Plaza in Valhalla. Was a great time!
Olivebridge,NY

Ex-US Army

1936 USA

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Woodbourne,Ny

1960 Mack C

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Frank B' timestamp='1311448762' post='449541']Irondequoit NY Ridge Culver FD Young Ford C-850 Young photo from post card advertisement[/quote]

One of two almost identical trucks. I think this is the older of the 2, gas engine, 5 speed trans, hyd. brakes. The newer one (by about 4 years if I remember right), was a diesel automatic with air brakes.
[quote name='Frank B' timestamp='1311448648' post='449539']

Irondequoit NY Ridge Culver FD

WLF Ford F

unknown photographer

[/quote]

I think the body on this guy was by Maday Body Co. (local body builder). The body was taken off this Ford and put on a GMC (6500??) in the mid70s. Don't know what happened to it.
Gary, How about some of Smithtown's rigs...
I am trying to help locate this 1958 Mack B95 pumper that formerly served in Valatie, NY. It originally served in Bay Shore, NY. It was sold in 2000 to Westbury, NY. I have been told that it was sold to someone in the "Albany area". If anyone has any information about this truck, please let me know. Thank you. Credit to original photographer.

Ed Harvey

[url="http://www.fireservicephotography.com/"][size=2]Fire Service Photography[/url][/size]

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

All fires will go out; and all bleeding will stop - eventually.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/people/Ed-Harvey/116300270"]My Facebook Page[/url]
Baldwin, NY once ran this 1955 American LaFrance 75' MM as Trk 200.

Alert FC of Great Neck, NY Eng 7 was a 1947 American LaFrance 1000/500

Centereach, NY Eng 551 - 1939 International/Sealand 400/300

Webster, NY Sqd M19 - 1956 Ford/Young.

Attached Files Image(s)

Wayne Hose Co of Stony Point, NY Eng 1 - Mack L (no other info).

Attached Files Image(s)

West Hempstead, NY Trk 765 was a 1950 Mack L85/Maxim 75' MM.

Port Ewen, NY Eng 1 - 1949 Ward LaFrance 500/1000.

Attached Files Image(s)