Williamsport Bureau of Fire - Past stations

[Image: WilliamsportStation5FederalAvenue.jpg]

Station 5 Federal Avenue

[Image: WilliamsportStationWestThirdStreet.jpg]

West Third Street beside the Little League complex and Park at Rt 15

[Image: WilliamsportStationMarketVernon.jpg]

Market & Vernon Streets, now a Dentist Office

[Image: WilliamsportStation1.jpg]

Ex-Station 1, this sat behind the Water Dept, between Third and Fourth Streets on Hepburn, Sadly I never photographed the Hepburn Street Side.
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
Thanks for the Williamsport Stations Darin. The station near the Ballfield on the west side housed Engine 3-1 when I was in Paramedic School in '86. Unknown why the were moved to Reighard St. What Company ran from Reighard St. before Engine 3-1 was moved there? What Company ran from the Market and Vernon St. house? Thanks.
I really don't know the answer to either question. I only moved to this area in 1998. By that time the Third Street station had been closed and the Reighard Avenue station was in use. I think that move was because of Reach Road Industrial park expanding. I don't know what company ran from the station on Market and Vernon. I will have to post on a local board here in Lycoming County and see if anyone here knows.
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[quote name='Rheems1' date='03 March 2008 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1204580210' post='193787']

I love how the Thunderbolt (fire siren) is positioned over the firehouse in this picture.... it just adds a certain something (including more noise to a fire call.... lots more noise since it is a Thunderbolt). I can remember when Edgely was running a very nice White/Hamerly rescue truck, by the time I finally went to Edgley to photograph it for my Hamerly file it was already gone. The person who I met there suggested that it might have been underpowered (okay fine, he called it a gutless ****ing wonder) but other than that he said it was an okay piece... not something I am used to hearing about the Hamerly's I have chased!!

Dave

[/quote]

Dave: That Hamerly rescue was resold and running in Ottawa Canada as a resrve.
Stoneboro vfc Station 76 stoneboro mercer county pa

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here is Sewickley Fire Department, down the Ohio River from Pittsburgh. It is part of City Hall. The police occupy the opposing end of the building.

I did see a paid ddriver but no one else was around during this Saturday evening.

The house is full of Pierce equipment.

Two engines placed in line, a heavy duty rescue squad and a ladder truck.

On the rear, I found this arrangement. Watch your step when you leave the building. The sign warns that the building is smoke free....nothing about when you leave the building from the second floor.

I went on an expdition 11 years ago when I got my license taking pics of stations. Many of them have changed. I am gonna scan some and add to them. All I have are Westmoreland Co. Stations. I would love to go on an expedition and take them again now that I have a digital camera lol
Deleted the photobucket account.
[size="4"][center]Reading Fire Department, Engine 11's quarters. [/center][/size]

[center](messing around with new canon powershot while on-duty)[/center]

[center]Schuykill-Riverside Fire Station (volly names)[/center]

[center][size="4"][b]Station constructed in 1977 to merge Schuykill & Riverside fire companies to get them out of their aging horse-era buildings. Originally housed Engines 11, 12, Ambulance 97 & Reserve Ladder 4.[/size][/b][/center]

[center][size="4"]Unfortunately only 2 firefighters assigned to the station[/size][/center]

Attached Files Image(s)

[i][size="4"][center]Reserve Engine 12 (2000 Spartan/KME), Engine 11 (2008 KME) in shop for inspection[/center][/size][/i]

[size="4"][center]Medic 3 (2006 Ford/AEV), rig I was working which is not normally there.

Reserve Ladder 2 (1996 Simon Duplex/ 100' tractor drawn LTI)[/center]
[/size]

Attached Files Image(s)

[size="4"][center]Kitchen & Locker Room[/center][/size]

Attached Files Image(s)

[size="4"][center]Classroom / Bunkroom[/center][/size]

Attached Files Image(s)

[center][size="4"]Dayroom / Watch Office[/size][/center]

Attached Files Image(s)

[center][size="4"]Shot Down Side Of Ladder 2 / Behind Engine & Medic Unit[/size][/center]

Attached Files Image(s)

[center][size="4"]Basement Garage & Storeroom / We keep anything from spare pumpers, wheelchair vans, & staff vehicles down there[/size][/center]

Attached Files Image(s)

[size="4"][center]Storeroom[/center][/size]

Attached Files Image(s)